Promotions
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotions

Unregistered

Promotions

Well looks like more of the chiefs buddies being promoted. I thought he wasn’t going to bring people in and fix the issue so real NPPD officers would have an incentive to promote. So now we have an agency run by on probation friends. I guess somethings will never change. So much for people being dedicated and working here for years.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well looks like more of the chiefs buddies being promoted. I thought he wasn’t going to bring people in and fix the issue so real NPPD officers would have an incentive to promote. So now we have an agency run by on probation friends. I guess somethings will never change. So much for people being dedicated and working here for years.
    Not saying you’re wrong, but only one of the three who even put in for commander was a long-term PD member. Don’t complain if you didn’t put in.

Unregistered
    So a grand total of three people put in for Commander. Only one was a long term employee and current Sergeant. They had two openings to fill. One did go to the long term employee (Sgt ES). What in the heck was the chief to do? Was he supposed to just not promote anyone? Think about stuff before posting silly crap. As far Commander MB being promoted, look at all the stuff he has done for technology and moving us forward and try and make it easier for us. I have no problems with that one at all. JB is a great guy and been on the agency and done his time.

Unregistered
    So a grand total of three people put in for Commander. Only one was a long term employee and current Sergeant. They had two openings to fill. One did go to the long term employee (Sgt ES). What in the heck was the chief to do? Was he supposed to just not promote anyone? Think about stuff before posting silly crap. As far Commander MB being promoted, look at all the stuff he has done for technology and moving us forward and try and make it easier for us. I have no problems with that one at all. JB is a great guy and been on the agency and done his time.
    Great post, same thing Vespia did and look how that turned out. As far as what is the Chief supposed to do, well fix the problem so those that have time in here want to promote, it is simple.

Unregistered
    The pay scale for the Commander position is outside of the Chief's control. He, the DC, and others have gone to City Hall and explained the issue of pay that is keeping the current Sergeants from wanting to get promoted. The City WILL NOT entertain the idea of funding the Lieutenant positions again nor will increase the base salary of the Commander position.

So, what Sergeant would want to get promoted to Commander, have way more responsibility and work, and do that all for less money? The majority, if not all, of the Sergeants made more than the Commanders last year. A few of our Sergeants earned six figures. So you tell me, what's the incentive to promote beyond the rank of Sergeant?

The Chief filled two vacancies for Commander using the limited pool of applicants, one of which was a current long time Sergeant here. He can only play the hand he's dealt.

Unregistered
    The pay scale for the Commander position is outside of the Chief's control. He, the DC, and others have gone to City Hall and explained the issue of pay that is keeping the current Sergeants from wanting to get promoted. The City WILL NOT entertain the idea of funding the Lieutenant positions again nor will increase the base salary of the Commander position.

So, what Sergeant would want to get promoted to Commander, have way more responsibility and work, and do that all for less money? The majority, if not all, of the Sergeants made more than the Commanders last year. A few of our Sergeants earned six figures. So you tell me, what's the incentive to promote beyond the rank of Sergeant?

The Chief filled two vacancies for Commander using the limited pool of applicants, one of which was a current long time Sergeant here. He can only play the hand he's dealt.
    Did anyone see the posting for Captain? He gave it to his long time friend, seems a little fishy.

Unregistered
    Did anyone see the posting for Captain? He gave it to his long time friend, seems a little fishy.
    You forget they never posted SK Captain position or the DC position

Unregistered
    You are correct. SK Captain position was not posted neither was CM Deputy Chief position.

Unregistered
    And exactly how long did ES work as a patrol supervisor? F up move up.

Unregistered
    ES has been a sgt what four years, he has a criminal record (check writing) and numerous misd traffic violations/previous lic suspensions etc. and his ability to rat out his fellow members. Seems to me he has all the qualifications

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast