Gps...pfff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gps...pfff

Unregistered
    And what do you think ortiz was gonna do with gps? City Hall calls the shots on their fleet....Ortiz at best may have put up a looked good struggle for points, but spun himself a show of effort. He dodged a bullet that Reyes had to take.

Unregistered
    Reyes didn’t do shit about gps, March meeting tommy said the installation was a rumor. Now tommy says internal affairs will be in charge of gps. Lugo and Ortiz would have stopped gps tommy made sure Internal Affairs is in charge of it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And what do you think ortiz was gonna do with gps? City Hall calls the shots on their fleet....Ortiz at best may have put up a looked good struggle for points, but spun himself a show of effort. He dodged a bullet that Reyes had to take.
    You know Tommy didn't even put up a fight. At least ortiz as you said , made it look good. Tommy rolled over like a *****.

Unregistered
    You guys are worried about gps in the car? Pffff... How about bug recorders? How about your rental apt bugged? How about your phone tapped? It doesn't end with gps boys.
    What is all the huff.....stop worrying.
    Look, even OfferUP, that online community for buying and selling has source code of the posts contain specific latitude and longitude coordinates for the seller's location.
    So, its not difficult to find someone. What the Hel* do you keep squeeling about? Just do your job and work a full shift with no personal bs and you'll be fine.

Unregistered
    What is all the huff.....stop worrying.
    Look, even OfferUP, that online community for buying and selling has source code of the posts contain specific latitude and longitude coordinates for the seller's location.
    So, its not difficult to find someone. What the Hel* do you keep squeeling about? Just do your job and work a full shift with no personal bs and you'll be fine.
    It's probably the same with posting to Leo Forum from GPS coordinates too.
    and Twitter gets mapped that way
    As does Law enforcement which may monitor Tweets from the scene of a crime or trouble spots and there is automatically update with new messages when they are posted.

so say for example:
    If you live in a large city or simply want to focus on an exact area of your town, you can search for Twitter messages by the exact GPS location where they were posted. First, you need to identify the GPS coordinates to search. Simply use Google Maps for this. As an example, assume that you want to monitor Twitter messages posted from MDC. Search for the college in Google Maps and right click the red marker in the map. This will present a new menu with an option of “What’s Here?”. Choosing this option will identify the GPS coordinates of the address, which are 38.952451,-90.195011 for this campus.
    Now that you have the coordinates of the location you are interested in, you can create a specific search. The following example would identify messages on Twitter that were posted within one kilometer of the college campus.
    geocode:38.952451,-90.195011,1km
    This can be entered into any search field at the top of any Twitter profile. If you wanted to expand this search to a perimeter of five miles around the previous GPS location, you could conduct the following search.
    geocode:38.952451,-90.195011,5mi
    This can be a great way to monitor Twitter messages broadcasted from a specific location. Parents can watch the Tweets from a child’s school, the movie theater he or she is at, or a friend’s house that is a common hangout. ….or well, employees too I guess. We're all watched bro....accept it.

Unregistered
    So you're saying just accept it,bend over and take it , nothing we can do or fight, good to know how you feel .May I proposed slavery to you is good for business , come on don't fight it just accept it.

Unregistered
    So you're saying just accept it,bend over and take it , nothing we can do or fight, good to know how you feel .May I proposed slavery to you is good for business , come on don't fight it just accept it.
    can you fight city hall?

These cars and equipment belong to them. Now, if policy changes after you join, its up to you to continue or not.
    Policy changes happen in a lot of workplaces, and many don't even consult their employees. Govt being one of the worst.
    So, it is evident you aren't happy with this policy. But you also have to know technology is advancing so fast, that employers have to keep up with it as well on their end. The point is that you should just make sure you are up on DO and read the policies yourself as to what would constitute discipline or not. Once you educate yourself, you will have an better understanding of bad behaviors you need to curb.
    If what you are really saying is that you don't feel like changing your unprofessional behavior with this new policy, well then.

But, these location trackers are everywhere now......
    An example.....get your Experian Credit Report. Look at the back page of all the addresses you have lived at. Now, each one reports a GeoCode attached for these addresses. Technology has allowed these coordinates to be trackable in many ways for many uses digitally leaving your footprint with these geocodes.

So...really, its reframing your view and deciding if you are flexible to roll with departmental policy changes. In the end you have a job to do, that does not change; how you do it may, but the end result stays the same. good luck.

Unregistered
    can you fight city hall?

These cars and equipment belong to them. Now, if policy changes after you join, its up to you to continue or not.
    Policy changes happen in a lot of workplaces, and many don't even consult their employees. Govt being one of the worst.
    So, it is evident you aren't happy with this policy. But you also have to know technology is advancing so fast, that employers have to keep up with it as well on their end. The point is that you should just make sure you are up on DO and read the policies yourself as to what would constitute discipline or not. Once you educate yourself, you will have an better understanding of bad behaviors you need to curb.
    If what you are really saying is that you don't feel like changing your unprofessional behavior with this new policy, well then.

But, these location trackers are everywhere now......
    An example.....get your Experian Credit Report. Look at the back page of all the addresses you have lived at. Now, each one reports a GeoCode attached for these addresses. Technology has allowed these coordinates to be trackable in many ways for many uses digitally leaving your footprint with these geocodes.

So...really, its reframing your view and deciding if you are flexible to roll with departmental policy changes. In the end you have a job to do, that does not change; how you do it may, but the end result stays the same. good luck.
    Didn't have to happen Tommy could've made a deal to eliminate the monitoring.

Unregistered
    Didn't have to happen Tommy could've made a deal to eliminate the monitoring.
    What type of deal? We give up something, to gain nothing? GPS, in the cars are not for our safety. If our radio's have GPS and they are more likely to be on our person, more then were in the vehicle. It's going into patrol cause of the PvP program. It B.S. to say certain ranks and people are not going to get GPS! It falls down to trust and we are not trusted!!! Sell, it anyway you like but try the truth for once. Any vehicle owned by the city, for use in the police department, should have GPS! It's only fair and the right thing to do. So, if my car has GPS and I spend time at a eatery, writing a report and have a coffee or two, eat something also. Now, I'm in hot water over, what's been done for the 20+ years I've been here. So, these Sgt's that spend almost their entire shift moving from one food place to another and get a case of the azz, cause they need to respond to a officers request. For years, the "C" shift 20 sector Sgt sat at Denny's and D.D. for almost the entire shift and if you needed to see them, you had to go to them. Same with the ones working 60 sector. Not all but most over time.

So, what's next camera's facing inward, in our cars, to watch and listen? Many departments have been going to this, cause of some officers action, that raises a eyebrow. There is no reason, why anyone that have contact with the public, outside of the station, not to have what uniform patrol is being forced with. I get certain units, not getting anything, cause of the nature of their work. Motor's, AIU, investigators from homicide, robbery, and the countless other's have shown no reason as to why, they are not having to wear camera's nor not being issued GPS, if anything they have a greater need to this then uniform patrol. Staff, and their support people (azz kissers) won't cause of the 3 hour lunches out of the city and secret meetings to find a way to fu@k over a officer. All the b!tching and finger pointing will change nothing! So, accept that, you a professional are not trusted to do the right thing. The city owns the property, can and will do as they please, with it. So, if it's a real issue for you, get out of the PvP program or leave your PvP parked at the station, when off. I do and have for over a year now, sure I'm d!cking myself on the charges they take. At least my car is where I left it and no-one is using it but me. On a day off if I got court, sometime I go pick it up for use or just roll on with my own vehicle.

Everyone is so focus on this camera and GPS crap. What's sliding by were not focus on? What are we missing???

Unregistered
    Good to talk this through....it's a large agency, and it would be great to become a model agency - patrol is the face to and with the public. It's not a job alot of people can do day in and day out. Be proud, but you cannot rest on your laurels and become lazy or sloppy because you got in. Some do and this hurts the agency. Bad situations happen but the public is under the impression you get specific training to deal with that...why you sign up, no? So, it's not about not trusting, it's trust but verify. That motto is everywhere now, even in a marriage, bank accounts, random drug testing etc....it's called wanting to hold up your standards. That comes after the trust is already given.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12