MDPD’s good old days. When bigots ruled and minorities suffered - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are living in denial prejudiced troll. The original post is correct. Name one female, Latin or black chief before 1985. Were it not for a federal mandated court ruling in 1981, no minority would have ever reached that rank. Like it or not, it took the arrival of JP to fully integrate this department. Live with it, as hard as that may be for you to swallow.
    Really all the so called minorities skip ranks or do a year then bumped up whitey has to do every rank there is only one anglo left in the command staff

Unregistered
    You are living in denial prejudiced troll. The original post is correct. Name one female, Latin or black chief before 1985. Were it not for a federal mandated court ruling in 1981, no minority would have ever reached that rank. Like it or not, it took the arrival of JP to fully integrate this department. Live with it, as hard as that may be for you to swallow.
    There were less minority brass because there were less minority employees working. It’s the odds of numbers. Now? Why were there less minorities working? Is it because fewer were hired due to discrimination or did fewer numbers apply to get hired in the first place? That would require knowing the numbers of applicants in the first place. Which nobody making opinionated statements of “fact” here has.

Also, regardless, if you look at the national statistics and percentages, MDPD is still way ahead of the curve in numbers of minorities. Nobody was enlisted into this job. If you don’t like, GTFO. And before anyone calls me some stupid name, I’m one of those “minorities”. Grow up. Quit complaining. Leave if you don’t like it.

Unregistered
    I humbly disagree. Look closely at who is running the PBA. Back to the good old boys like in the 50s-60s
    That’s right but sadder than that is Greenwell and Stahl are direct pipelines (aka rats) to the director who is supposedly a Cuban.

Unregistered
    There were less minority brass because there were less minority employees working. It’s the odds of numbers. Now? Why were there less minorities working? Is it because fewer were hired due to discrimination or did fewer numbers apply to get hired in the first place? That would require knowing the numbers of applicants in the first place. Which nobody making opinionated statements of “fact” here has.

Also, regardless, if you look at the national statistics and percentages, MDPD is still way ahead of the curve in numbers of minorities. Nobody was enlisted into this job. If you don’t like, GTFO. And before anyone calls me some stupid name, I’m one of those “minorities”. Grow up. Quit complaining. Leave if you don’t like it.
    That is the most idiotic statement I have read in this entire thread. Prior to 1980, minority hiring in this department was just a trickle. The McDuffie riot changed everything. New federal guidelines forced those in the majority to hire minorities. Many of those minorities replaced other MDPD employees who decided to retire at the time and moved up north. Minorities came through this department through a program called MAP. Had it not been for those guidelines, few minorities would have been hired. The entrenched majority would have seen to that fact. Now, in case you doubt what I’m saying due a little research and find your answer. By the way, the MAP program was ran from an MDPD office on 27th Avenue and 3rd Street. Discrimination back then was wrong and if reverse discrimination against whites is occurring at MDPD today, it is just as wrong.

Unregistered

You are dead wrong. Prior to the McDuffie riots, few minorities were hired by MDPD. The majority in charge at the time preferred to keep it that way. A program called MAP forced the hand and allowed more minority hires to replace those who had left South Florida after the riots and the Mariel boatlift. I worked at the MAP office on 27th Avenue and 3rd. Street. I can tell you many of those in high rank were not happy with the MAP idea. That is the truth. Please, don’t try to distort it.

Unregistered

Prior to 1980, minorities were hired as a trickle. After the McDuffie riots, the federal government forced the department to change its hiring practices. I worked at the MAP office. MAP was a program intent on opening the door to qualified minorities. It took a while before those minorities were given access to specialized units. To say otherwise is just not true.

Unregistered
    You are dead wrong. Prior to the McDuffie riots, few minorities were hired by MDPD. The majority in charge at the time preferred to keep it that way. A program called MAP forced the hand and allowed more minority hires to replace those who had left South Florida after the riots and the Mariel boatlift. I worked at the MAP office on 27th Avenue and 3rd. Street. I can tell you many of those in high rank were not happy with the MAP idea. That is the truth. Please, don’t try to distort it.
    Yup yup, just look at the city of Miami PD in the 1980's, Miami river cops!

Unregistered
    Yup yup, just look at the city of Miami PD in the 1980's, Miami river cops!
    This is what I love about you newbies. You wok here but you do not know our own history. Check out what happened at Homicide in 1980 when Sgt. Eggler’s entire squad was indicted for drug trafficking. Most of those in that squad were white. To say nothing of Sgt. Teddy McArthur,also of Homicide, who murdered his own wife! There are criminals of every color and creed.

Unregistered
    This is what I love about you newbies. You wok here but you do not know our own history. Check out what happened at Homicide in 1980 when Sgt. Eggler’s entire squad was indicted for drug trafficking. Most of those in that squad were white. To say nothing of Sgt. Teddy McArthur,also of Homicide, who murdered his own wife! There are criminals of every color and creed.
    Ok same time bobby González ( highest rankinh hispanic) orrett and the rest of the cuban mafia

Unregistered
    Ok same time bobby González ( highest rankinh hispanic) orrett and the rest of the cuban mafia
    Well at least none of those mentioned ever put on a white robe and set out to hang blacks or bomb their churches. That is strictly an innate historical Anglo activity. Part of the English, Irish and Scottish Mafia.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast