Governor’s Detail
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Governor’s Detail

Is there any truth to the possibility of us taking over the Governor’s protective detail?

Unregistered
    Oh hell no. All rumors.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is there any truth to the possibility of us taking over the Governor’s protective detail?
    Absolutely not. FDLE will dissolve before they give it up. It's FDLE's crown jewel...both commissioners since the Bailey fiasco were SACs of POS (yes, the Detail's official title is the "Protective Operations Section").

Now, we did re-start the Lieutenant Governor's Detail after four years (Lopez-Cantera declined protection) and supposedly we have the AG now too...which FDLE started up and ran for Bondi.

Unregistered
    FHP will never take the Governor’s Detail .......not that they couldn’t do it but FDLE has done it for so long and has the expertise. Why try and reinvent the wheel that is already rolling as well as it is. The Protective Operation Section is probably the thing that FDLE does best out of all their assignments.

Unregistered
    FHP will never take the Governor’s Detail .......not that they couldn’t do it but FDLE has done it for so long and has the expertise. Why try and reinvent the wheel that is already rolling as well as it is. The Protective Operation Section is probably the thing that FDLE does best out of all their assignments.
    I agree would be stupid to fix what is not broken.

Unregistered
    I heard waconhut is taking over the detail.

Unregistered
    I heard waconhut is taking over the detail.
    Mall cops are going to take over.

Unregistered
    Absolutely not. FDLE will dissolve before they give it up. It's FDLE's crown jewel...both commissioners since the Bailey fiasco were SACs of POS (yes, the Detail's official title is the "Protective Operations Section").

Now, we did re-start the Lieutenant Governor's Detail after four years (Lopez-Cantera declined protection) and supposedly we have the AG now too...which FDLE started up and ran for Bondi.
    Bondi was covered by FHP for 3 years prior to this new group coming in.

Unregistered
    Nothing is going to change.

Unregistered
    Bondi was covered by FHP for 3 years prior to this new group coming in.
    It's true that Crotta had her for the inauguration but who from FHP was assigned to this full time detail? When I worked the Cabinet meeting she had FDLE with her and the agents very squared away.
    Other than the Lt. Gov, FDLE had always picked up officials whose department didn't have their own protective section. I remember stopping out with a 76 that was Secretary of State Katherine Harris's detail in the late '90's.....the agents were FDLE.
    Yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast