Volusia County Corrections

Unregistered

Volusia County Corrections

I’m currently thinking about getting into law enforcement. I see that they are hiring to work the jail. Anyone have any information on how it is to work the jail? Or the morale? Is it a good to start towards working the road?

Unregistered
    In volusia, the jail is not run by the sheriffs office. It’s a totally separate agency. So you can’t go from the jail to patrol without totally switching jobs. As for the morale in the jail, not sure. Maybe someone else could give you more insight.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In volusia, the jail is not run by the sheriffs office. It’s a totally separate agency. So you can’t go from the jail to patrol without totally switching jobs. As for the morale in the jail, not sure. Maybe someone else could give you more insight.
    How is the morale on the road?

Unregistered
    How is the morale on the road?
    2 on a 1-10 scale

Unregistered
    2 on a 1-10 scale
    It was a 1 with Ben. Chitwood has doubled the morale.

Unregistered
    It was a 1 with Ben. Chitwood has doubled the morale.
    That should be a great point for the re-election campaign...
    Get a brain you tool.
    Chitwood bad does not equal Johnson good. Two things can be true at once. They both suck. They are both more concerned about their own egos than doing the job they were elected to do.

Nobody can make a sane argument that Chitwood has done a good job of leading this agency so far. That’s why all his cronies can say on here is “Johnson sucked too.” Yeah, so... How does that change the fact that Chitwood is majorly F ing the dog? What you all should do is drop the low bar competition with the Johnson Administration and focus on how you can improve things in this agency. Stop living in the past.

It is true that this agency was on downward trajectory for several years before Johnson left. That is no excuse to bring us further into the gutter. Its gonna be hard to blame all the messed up stuff on the Johnson administration after a full four years. That excuse runs out after a year or two.

Unregistered
    Verified wrongfull terminations cannot do much for morale! Sheriff Chitwood has 2 in his first year. JS and AJ... AJ will be proven too. How many did Ben Johnson have in his 16 year tenure?

1. What career affords the ability to say "the last guy sucked too" just to justify your own bad choices and decisions?
    2. Ben is gone.
    3. How much did Ben cost the County in settlements due to his own liabilities and actions in 16 years?
    4. How often did Ben openly violate agency policies clearly written?
    5. When did Ben use his title and likeness to better his political career? Our new Governor, DeSantis says "politics have no place in policing".
    6. How would Chitwood react to being ambushed at training by the media and questioned about his alleged transgressions?
    7. I never saw a group campaigning to get Ben gone, he decided he was done. Never noticed Anyone but Ben for Sheriff? Read the title. Anyone but......
    8. Chitwoods answer to his critics, "they can all go **** themselves!" A Sheriff must be a Sheriff to all, dereliction of duty comes to mind.
    9. Weeks into his elected position as Sheriff, Chitwood changed the play book on cataloging crime. Hotel/Motel rule, I ask, who exactly does this benefit? It clearly benefits the community in no way other than to promote tourism and give the illusion of a safe place with low crime. Honesty would help morale, and community trust!
    10. Chitwood aligns with whoever will push his agenda. Even those with checkered pasts and futures, (HP) VCC. No one can argue that Chitwoods actions towards our council are professional. No one can say that! Our children see this. Circus atmosphere.
    11. How many individuals did the prior Sheriff label as a scumbag? Thereby effectively labeling them guilty before their trial. People trust the Sheriff, as they should. How many scumbags were vindicated by his labeling? How will this affect their futures in job searching and life in general?
    12. All these verified statements are a reason we are short deputies. Reasons for low morale. How can we move forward without acknowledging mistakes or bad decisions. We cant, we wont!

Yesterday is gone, focus on today and do what's right to change what people see and think. Everyone makes mistakes. Accepting and acknowledging is the only way to grow and get past yesterday. And to the commenter who claims a doubling of morale, a 2 on a scale of 10 a success... You sir/ma'am are a big part of this problem.

Mistakes are mistakes. Webster's definition is an act committed once. The voters made a mistake. Let's hope they dont again. I wont, and I did vote for him. I liked what he was saying and his enthusiasm. I thought he cared... Chitwood has had a long hate of Ben and VCSO. Do some research on LEO Affairs Forums. Go back a few years and view his thoughts on deputies... I wouldn't want to work there either under the Chitler regime. Just my .02.

Unregistered
    Verified wrongfull terminations cannot do much for morale! Sheriff Chitwood has 2 in his first year. JS and AJ... AJ will be proven too. How many did Ben Johnson have in his 16 year tenure?

1. What career affords the ability to say "the last guy sucked too" just to justify your own bad choices and decisions?
    2. Ben is gone.
    3. How much did Ben cost the County in settlements due to his own liabilities and actions in 16 years?
    4. How often did Ben openly violate agency policies clearly written?
    5. When did Ben use his title and likeness to better his political career? Our new Governor, DeSantis says "politics have no place in policing".
    6. How would Chitwood react to being ambushed at training by the media and questioned about his alleged transgressions?
    7. I never saw a group campaigning to get Ben gone, he decided he was done. Never noticed Anyone but Ben for Sheriff? Read the title. Anyone but......
    8. Chitwoods answer to his critics, "they can all go **** themselves!" A Sheriff must be a Sheriff to all, dereliction of duty comes to mind.
    9. Weeks into his elected position as Sheriff, Chitwood changed the play book on cataloging crime. Hotel/Motel rule, I ask, who exactly does this benefit? It clearly benefits the community in no way other than to promote tourism and give the illusion of a safe place with low crime. Honesty would help morale, and community trust!
    10. Chitwood aligns with whoever will push his agenda. Even those with checkered pasts and futures, (HP) VCC. No one can argue that Chitwoods actions towards our council are professional. No one can say that! Our children see this. Circus atmosphere.
    11. How many individuals did the prior Sheriff label as a scumbag? Thereby effectively labeling them guilty before their trial. People trust the Sheriff, as they should. How many scumbags were vindicated by his labeling? How will this affect their futures in job searching and life in general?
    12. All these verified statements are a reason we are short deputies. Reasons for low morale. How can we move forward without acknowledging mistakes or bad decisions. We cant, we wont!

Yesterday is gone, focus on today and do what's right to change what people see and think. Everyone makes mistakes. Accepting and acknowledging is the only way to grow and get past yesterday. And to the commenter who claims a doubling of morale, a 2 on a scale of 10 a success... You sir/ma'am are a big part of this problem.

Mistakes are mistakes. Webster's definition is an act committed once. The voters made a mistake. Let's hope they dont again. I wont, and I did vote for him. I liked what he was saying and his enthusiasm. I thought he cared... Chitwood has had a long hate of Ben and VCSO. Do some research on LEO Affairs Forums. Go back a few years and view his thoughts on deputies... I wouldn't want to work there either under the Chitler regime. Just my .02.
    Chitwood is an absolute joke. His shortcomings and mistakes have been well documented. It boggles the mind that anybody would want to work for this weasel.