Academy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Academy

Unregistered

Academy

Are they still holding Correctional Officer academies at colleges or are some at the institutions?

Unregistered
    As of January 1st of this year, there is no longer a CO academy requirement. All that is required now is 2 weeks of on-the-job training with a prison training officer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are they still holding Correctional Officer academies at colleges or are some at the institutions?
    Stay away from FDOC. It is nearly impossible to survive on a salary $33,500 unless you work endless overtime to pay your bills. People just apply here to get their paid training and certification only to jump ship to a county jail.

I recommend you apply to County Sheriff's Offices that sponsor their recruits to work in the county jails. You will get paid more and are on a step plan instead of being paid the same for 10+ years with no raises.

Unregistered
    I agree. Stay far away from FDC. It sucks

Unregistered

No more academy

Is this serious? No more academies? I really hope that this is a home. Just 2 weeks of on-the-job training? If this is true, I bet a bunch of them fail the certification exam.

Unregistered

Academy

Joke not home. I’m so shocked that I can’t even type.

Unregistered
    Is this serious? No more academies? I really hope that this is a home. Just 2 weeks of on-the-job training? If this is true, I bet a bunch of them fail the certification exam.
    There's no more certification exam either.

Unregistered
    Go to county. I make more than a doc sergeant at a deputy level

Unregistered
    You should go to law school while on the job. I practice law part time and make over 6 figures per year in addition to working as a CO.

Unregistered
    Stay away from FDOC. It is nearly impossible to survive on a salary $33,500 unless you work endless overtime to pay your bills. People just apply here to get their paid training and certification only to jump ship to a county jail.

I recommend you apply to County Sheriff's Offices that sponsor their recruits to work in the county jails. You will get paid more and are on a step plan instead of being paid the same for 10+ years with no raises.
    Yes stay away! Salary is almost below minimum wage and the people that do work get all the work - the rest are rejects!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast