Poor Leadership Rick - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    To be an effective Chief you have to possess a special set of tools. One being a mentor to your subordinates. When A Chief shows up to a scene and overrides his Lieutenants and Sergeants he loses that mentoring harmonious relationship. Anyone who worked this last Spring Break saw it with their own eyes.

The next Chief will be someone that prepares the Agency for the future and brings back the pride that we once all had. Perhaps it’s Rick (doubtful). Perhaps it’s Wayne (If the rest of his Command Staff don’t ambush him). Or most likely another outsider (most likely 5’8 and Latin) But at the end we all need to get back into being proactive police officers.

Unregistered
    1st problem is your 2nd line.
    Command staff (subordinates) don't feel they need to be mentored. Big personalities and won't accept anyone above them. So tactic is to tear any authority above them down....and destroy agency from the inside - look into the history of the place. So command staff is a huge problem to resolve there first. Well known issue.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To be an effective Chief you have to possess a special set of tools. One being a mentor to your subordinates. When A Chief shows up to a scene and overrides his Lieutenants and Sergeants he loses that mentoring harmonious relationship. Anyone who worked this last Spring Break saw it with their own eyes.

The next Chief will be someone that prepares the Agency for the future and brings back the pride that we once all had. Perhaps it’s Rick (doubtful). Perhaps it’s Wayne (If the rest of his Command Staff don’t ambush him). Or most likely another outsider (most likely 5’8 and Latin) But at the end we all need to get back into being proactive police officers.
    Frank was well liked in Hollywood.

Unregistered
    Frank was well liked in Hollywood.
    We all have blind spots. But the people who succeed are the ones willing to walk in the dark anyway.

Unregistered
    The Command Staff should have spent more time working as a team and preparing for the future leadership of this agency instead of riding their bikes on Ocean Drive barking out orders and undermining the Lieutenants. Or calling off loud music, illegally parked cars and 38’s. If the Chiefs want to be COPS and Code Enforcement then go to 1701 and apply.

So now we will have another outsider as Chief to fix what the current Command Staff we’re afraid to address. Hopefully, he will promote a real leader like Wayne and prepare him for the future. Time for us to be the Agency that we were at one point.

Ricky is a fence rider. You can get away with that at the mid management level but not as the head dog of operations. Nice person and a great pedigree, but not Chief material based on what I have seen in the last 2 years.

Unregistered
    The Command Staff should have spent more time working as a team and preparing for the future leadership of this agency instead of riding their bikes on Ocean Drive barking out orders and undermining the Lieutenants. Or calling off loud music, illegally parked cars and 38’s. If the Chiefs want to be COPS and Code Enforcement then go to 1701 and apply.

So now we will have another outsider as Chief to fix what the current Command Staff we’re afraid to address. Hopefully, he will promote a real leader like Wayne and prepare him for the future. Time for us to be the Agency that we were at one point.

Ricky is a fence rider. You can get away with that at the mid management level but not as the head dog of operations. Nice person and a great pedigree, but not Chief material based on what I have seen in the last 2 years.
    outsider? who was picked to run the joint???

Unregistered
    outsider? who was picked to run the joint???
    Carlos Noriega

Unregistered
    The only solution is an outside Chief and groom Wayne Jones. Ricky has anger management and trust issues.

Unregistered
    Carlos Noriega
    There are over 60+ carlos Noriega's in the usa…..I am not certain which one is getting the offer. I am doubting its the one who is an astronaut. He is us citizen but originally from Peru. If its a Cuban selected, I'm done with Miami touting itself as an international city. DONE. D.O.N.E.!

Unregistered
    There are over 60+ carlos Noriega's in the usa…..I am not certain which one is getting the offer. I am doubting its the one who is an astronaut. He is us citizen but originally from Peru. If its a Cuban selected, I'm done with Miami touting itself as an international city. DONE. D.O.N.E.!
    Isn’t Ricky Cuban?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast