Fdle wont investigate into carmine marceno paternity case
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Fdle wont investigate into carmine marceno paternity case

FDLE won't pursue criminal investigation against Lee Sheriff Marceno for alleged 'threats' in paternity suit

Brooke Baitinger, Fort Myers News-Press Published 11:20 p.m. ET April 12, 2019 | Updated 12:01 a.m. ET April 13, 2019

Two months after a Fort Myers woman filed a paternity lawsuit against Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno, she also filed a complaint to the
    Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

According to the January complaint, Sheriff Marceno threatened Deanna Lynn Williams when she told him she was pregnant with their baby.

He allegedly told her she had to have an abortion.

Reached by phone Friday night, Marceno declined to comment.

FDLE investigated the allegation and "determined the information provided did not constitute a criminal predicate that would warrant a criminal investigation" at this time, according to a five-page summary released late Friday.

More: Lee's new sheriff hit with paternity suit over baby due in '19

More: Woman who filed paternity suit against Lee County sheriff: 'I don't wish him any harm'

The FDLE's investigation into her complaint was opened Jan. 16 and closed Jan. 23. Investigators interviewed Williams about her complaints, and she provided insight into many aspects of their short-lived relationship.

Initial interaction

According to Williams, she and Marceno were in a consensual relationship from July 2018 to September 2018, the report said.

They met when the Lee County Sheriff's Office Economic Crimes Unit investigated her complaint against an attorney who fraudulently obtained money that was supposed to have been awarded to her from a civil case, according to her complaint.

She later alleges that he told her to tell others they met on Facebook.

Marceno allegedly sent her a Facebook message with his phone number and asked for her's, and they agreed to meet the following Monday.

According to the complaint, "the Friday after their meeting, Williams agreed to go for a ride with Marceno and ended up at a bar where they both had drinks."

Williams allegedly told Marceno she was not much of a drinker and only occasionally drank dirty martinis. According to her complaint, he ordered her one. She drank it "because she did not want to be rude" and wanted assistance with her case, her complaint stated .

Relationship and pregnancy

The relationship ended when she told him she was pregnant, according to her complaint.

Up until she told him she was pregnant, he had always spoken to her kindly, the report stated.

After telling him, she says he began to speak to her in "an aggressive, serious and loud tone" that she described to investigators as "chilling."

Williams alleged in the report Marceno told her she had to have an abortion and that there was no other option.

She said she was in Indiana with her family when she told Marceno about the baby. Family members apparently overheard Marceno yelling at her and telling her to have the abortion, according to the report.

Williams advised that Marceno repeatedly told her she "was not giving birth to this child under any circumstances, no matter what." She said he told her there were a lot of ways a pregnancy could end other than abortions, and that she took these comments as threats from Marceno.

Threats

She advised Marceno repeatedly told her about "resources" he has, and that "he had people who would do absolutely anything he asked."

The threats he made were general in nature, Williams told investigators. He never told her specifically who he would have do something to her or what.

Once on an online blog called LEO Affairs, she alleges a user told her information about her son's school schedule. This led her to believe that Marceno had revealed where her son attended school "because no one else knew."

She and her son both received death threats via phone calls and text messages from blocked numbers, she told investigators. On one of the calls, an unknown woman told her she needed to have "her throat slit and face slashed."

Williams said Marceno at times seemed worried and would beg her not to have the child. If she did "what he thought was right, he'd make the arrangements and would be there for her," the report stated.

Other times, he would tell her she was not giving birth to the child under any circumstances and would reiterate that she had no idea the kind of resources he had, she told investigators.

When asked if she felt she was in imminent danger, she told investigators the threats were always general in nature. But she thought he was behind people following her and being behind her house late at night, the report stated.

The report described Williams' suspicions that Marceno had numerous videos and pictures of her in his phone that she didn't know were taken. Once, "in jest" he told her he had security cameras all over, the report stated.

She told investigators she suspects at least one photo was sexual in nature. He once jokingly said to her that he had pictures of her, but recanted by saying he would never do that to her, the report stated.

The report also described Williams' suspicions that Marceno was abusing his position of power, though she advised she "did not have solid proof of a lot of the things alleged again Marceno."

She told investigators that others had told her he uses his position to "get women," and that he targeted women after their dealings with law enforcement due to drug or alcohol related incidents, choosing them "because of their lack of credibility."

Williams told investigators she felt Marceno chose her because he knew what she had been through. She advised she has multiple sclerosis and also had been through the lawsuit with the attorney who fraudulently obtained money she was supposed to be awarded.

Voicemails and text messages

During the interview, Williams played a voicemail recording she allegedly received from Marceno on the Monday night after she met with him. She also referenced text messages she forwarded to FDLE investigators in December 2018. The texts showed the desperation of Marceno for her to have an abortion, she said.

The report quotes some of Marceno's alleged text messages:

"I BEG you to please not have this child. Beg is an understatement. A child deserves two parents."

"Especially not at this stage of my life."

"Please do not ruin my life. I beg you please."

"I am so sorry...I truly am."

"It's not right for us to have a child...I truly believe it is not right."

"I didn't want one with my wife years ago and certainly not at this time in my life."

"The best option is to not have it. I do not want a child."

"I don't mean to be mean. I just am telling you what I feel."

"I'm not trying to talk you into having an abortion but trying to say why I believe not having the child is best."

Quotes from Williams regarding this discussion were also included:

"You're asking me to have our living child scraped from my body with sharp instruments in a bloody horrible procedure in an abortion clinic."

"The worst thing that's happened here is your reaction."

"I have been and continue to be willing to approach this in the least damaging way possible. You just make harsh demands that I put myself in harm's way to benefit you."

"How does this not break down into a legal battle? If we can't figure out how to work together and be adults it would be awful all around."

"My friends and family are concerned about my safety in Fort Myers. I've made it clear that your reaction was harsh but you didn't threaten."

Williams advised she has not had any communication with Marceno since late September or early October, the report stated. She has since filed the paternity suit against Marceno, and according to Williams, he told her he nor his family would ever have anything to do with the child.

According to documents filed in the paternity lawsuit, the child will be born in April or May 2019. Both parties have agreed to submit the child to DNA testing once they are born to determine the paternity.

Sheriff Marceno's attorney did not answer a phone call Friday night. Williams' attorney said he had no comment to provide.

Connect with this reporter: bbaitinger@news-press.com, 239-910-1743 or Twitter: @BaitingerBrooke

Unregistered

Scumbag

The real Carmine on display! Now go ahead boot lickers defend away!!

Unregistered
    What paternity test? She posted on her Facebook she had a still born baby. Said the baby was dead because of the stress she went through with the attorneys and sheriff. Don’t really care either way, but I believe she was never pregnant.

Unregistered

BS

You ass kissing boot lickers!

Have you no shame?

A baby DIED because of averace and pride.

I hope you all burn.

All this to support an immoral man?

Unregistered
    This is obviously a hateful person! I have met Carmine on several occasions and thought he was nice. This seems to be a set up by somebody that didn’t care for him. I don’t believe for a second this woman was pregnant. Okay thank you for your blessing, I will support him.

Unregistered

Is this true or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What paternity test? She posted on her Facebook she had a still born baby. Said the baby was dead because of the stress she went through with the attorneys and sheriff. Don’t really care either way, but I believe she was never pregnant.

Appears DW took down her Facebook account.

If that's the truth, please show some compassion and respect.

Unregistered
    Too bad John McDougal wasn't here.

He would go ape shit LMAO

Unregistered
    Who would celebrate the death of an innocent child ?

Unregistered
    Nobody’s celebrating, just don’t believe she was pregnant. If she was really don’t believe it was a still born.

Unregistered
    Carmine karma is coming and you can't do anything to stop it. Ask Mikey Scottie he had the best jokes about Canadians and then his daughter was getting pounded by one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast