Congratulations chief Oates and assistant chief

Unregistered

Congratulations chief Oates and assistant chief

You win the distinct position of being the first police chief in Miami beach history of putting the most of police officers on HEART MEDICATION and cardiac related medical issues. Your soft hands off pro defendant to cya yourself approach has taken years off the lives of officers that have felt they went to work with one arm and leg tied behind thier backs. You had 150k+ $ dollars more dedicated money to support more operations for spring break high impact weekends. You and your 2nd in command jeopardized everyone's saftey by trying to save money to look good politically. So #1 and #2 .... Thank you for ALWAYS putting yourself first over the community and the men and women of Miami beach police. "You have our back " Cono! PINGA! X's 2. No bueno

Unregistered

About time someone speaks up.

Most police department leaders in the upper ranks are so scared to let police officers to there job. Maybe they should remember where they came from....The Street. They should also remember "Aggressive patrol is a major deterrence to crime, its the number one rule out of the academy. Do police work policing.

The Future New Chief of Police Coming Soon to fix the mess. Stay tuned!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most police department leaders in the upper ranks are so scared to let police officers to there job. Maybe they should remember where they came from....The Street. They should also remember "Aggressive patrol is a major deterrence to crime, its the number one rule out of the academy. Do police work policing.

The Future New Chief of Police Coming Soon to fix the mess. Stay tuned!
    The Lube is a front runner. He will
    Right the ship as he did in Chicago, Miami, and underwater warfare.

Unregistered

At will vs. Civil service

I would definitely demote my self to lieutenant right now if I were a captain while their is still time and ability.

Unregistered

Changes can be fun!

As soon as I get the interview date, two things will happen after the interview oral board. 1. I have the appointment 2. I did not get the appointment because I told them at the oral review board/interview what the real problem is with Miami Beach and the image issue they have nation wide, and the real underlying problem is. Of course there is always option 3, Which is I will accept the appointment under one condition. That is, I run the department the way I see fit, without interference from the Mayor, Human Resources, City Commissioners. Notice I put human resources in the mix. There is a serious problem with that department especially. I would first change that problem. Hiring police officers will be separate from the City HR Department. Why, reason one is the leaks, confidentially of applicant information and favoritism going on and clerks not knowing what they are doing especially playing on the computer all day and being on the cell phones in the office not doing there job. Anyway that is not my lane of traffic. lol! Yes changing of the upper staff is always good, gives others a way to express new ideas. Miami Beach is not a one horse town. Also I believe in traffic enforcement. We can enforce the law without being abusive to the community. Aggressive patrol is a major deterrence to crime a/k/a Traffic Enforcement, end result identifying criminal activity. The list can go on, but there is also room for new ideas from the street and the beat officers. Is anyone listening to you?

I will......QAnon

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As soon as I get the interview date, two things will happen after the interview oral board. 1. I have the appointment 2. I did not get the appointment because I told them at the oral review board/interview what the real problem is with Miami Beach and the image issue they have nation wide, and the real underlying problem is. Of course there is always option 3, Which is I will accept the appointment under one condition. That is, I run the department the way I see fit, without interference from the Mayor, Human Resources, City Commissioners. Notice I put human resources in the mix. There is a serious problem with that department especially. I would first change that problem. Hiring police officers will be separate from the City HR Department. Why, reason one is the leaks, confidentially of applicant information and favoritism going on and clerks not knowing what they are doing especially playing on the computer all day and being on the cell phones in the office not doing there job. Anyway that is not my lane of traffic. lol! Yes changing of the upper staff is always good, gives others a way to express new ideas. Miami Beach is not a one horse town. Also I believe in traffic enforcement. We can enforce the law without being abusive to the community. Aggressive patrol is a major deterrence to crime a/k/a Traffic Enforcement, end result identifying criminal activity. The list can go on, but there is also room for new ideas from the street and the beat officers. Is anyone listening to you?

I will......QAnon
    Thanks Frank !