Letter from Laura Cattabriga

Unregistered

Letter from Laura Cattabriga

Date: April 6, 2019 at 1:48:59 PM EDT
    To: Brent Latham <blatham@nbvillage.com>, Marvin Wilmoth <marvin.wilmoth@gmail.com>, jstrout@nbvillage.com
    Subject: We need a fresh start in our Police Department

Dear Mayor and Commissioners,

The three of you ran on a platform of Change. You pledged to reform the sins of the past and move the Village forward. You spoke of looking forward and not back.

In keeping with your pledge, I beg you not to take us a big step backwards with Noriega. The facts are that our former Chief has notable baggage both in and outside of NBV. Our residents deserve someone who can bring a fresh start without issues, biases and unavoidable conflicts of interest. We need someone that the entire Village can embrace, not just a select few.

Putting aside the very political "blackmail" case (that was dismissed without charges by the SAO), there are many problematic data points in Noriega's history that I hope you will not ignore.

While our Chief, there were complaints within the department about favoritism, overspending, lax discipline and abuse of power. With the exception of a limited group of FOP officers, the current force does not want him back. I fear for morale and retribution if he returns.

Issues that plagued us in North Bay Village are consistent with his problematic leadership in Miami Beach. In case you have forgotten, here is a sample of articles about his tenure.

1) The killing of Raymond Herisse: 116 shots that shook South Beach: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...le1951884.html

2) http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...os_norie_1.php

3) https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...galore-6378543

I know you are getting great pressure to give him his job back. People who supported your campaigns want him back. Remember, the decision before you is not about that one controversial "blackmail" case and the contentious behavior of all involved.

This is about building the best police force, under the best leadership that we can.

So I ask you to please embrace a FRESH START. This is a chance to work on de-politicizing our police. There are tons of experienced, professional, talented officers out there that can do the job well who do not have NBV baggage.

Show true leadership and let us start with a clean slate.

Thank you

Laura Cattabriga

Unregistered

The truth

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To: Brent Latham <blatham@nbvillage.com>, Marvin Wilmoth <marvin.wilmoth@gmail.com>, jstrout@nbvillage.com

The three of you ran on a platform of Change. You pledged to reform the sins of the past and move the Village forward. You spoke of looking forward and not back.

In keeping with your pledge, I beg you not to take us a big step backwards with Noriega. The facts are that our former Chief has notable baggage both in and outside of NBV. Our residents deserve someone who can bring a fresh start without issues, biases and unavoidable conflicts of interest. We need someone that the entire Village can embrace, not just a select few.

Putting aside the very political "blackmail" case (that was dismissed without charges by the SAO), there are many problematic data points in Noriega's history that I hope you will not ignore.

While our Chief, there were complaints within the department about favoritism, overspending, lax discipline and abuse of power. With the exception of a limited group of FOP officers, the current force does not want him back. I fear for morale and retribution if he returns.

Issues that plagued us in North Bay Village are consistent with his problematic leadership in Miami Beach. In case you have forgotten, here is a sample of articles about his tenure.

1) The killing of Raymond Herisse: 116 shots that shook South Beach: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...le1951884.html

I know you are getting great pressure to give him his job back. People who supported your campaigns want him back. Remember, the decision before you is not about that one controversial "blackmail" case and the contentious behavior of all involved.

This is about building the best police force, under the best leadership that we can.

So I ask you to please embrace a FRESH START. This is a chance to work on de-politicizing our police. There are tons of experienced, professional, talented officers out there that can do the job well who do not have NBV baggage.

Thank you

Laura Cattabriga
    Tank you Laura. Not only are you hot as fire (unlike fake azz Pagent ho) but you’re stand up and ballsy (unlike Mrs & Mrs Kevin Chobloney).

Unregistered

Fake News

Thank you

Laura Cattabriga
    Laura,
    How dare you speak for either the FOP or PBA. Your wrong. There are members on BOTH sides of the union that want him back. You act as if you polled the police department, you obviously did not. You lost overwhelmingly and your opinion counts as a sole resident. Please back up ANY complaints that officers had against Chief Noriega. You can’t! The only people who don’t want him back are the ones who don’t do their jobs. Pull the stats of tickets and arrest for the last year! McVay-0 Sajdak-0 Gittner-0 Meadows-0. It’s all public record! Cops for Carlos!!

Unregistered

Drama Queen

Laura,
    How dare you speak for either the FOP or PBA. Your wrong. There are members on BOTH sides of the union that want him back. You act as if you polled the police department, you obviously did not. You lost overwhelmingly and your opinion counts as a sole resident. Please back up ANY complaints that officers had against Chief Noriega. You can’t! The only people who don’t want him back are the ones who don’t do their jobs. Pull the stats of tickets and arrest for the last year! McVay-0 Sajdak-0 Gittner-0 Meadows-0. It’s all public record! Cops for Carlos!!
    More than 70 percent of the PD signed interest cards to trigger a vote. They’re signed by officers and will be sent to PERC within a few weeks. You named four people that you obviously don’t like, but it seems that they’re irrelevant to a move created by Noriega. He’s not wanted by the people that do work. Those four had it easy with Noriega. Mcvay was his go to guy for special things, gittner worked directly for him on community stuff, but Dave uncovers a dirty little secret about the Sgt’s exam and holy poop. Then he files an EEOC complaint. Which by the is a federal law suit. Perhaps Laura’s fine azz put 2 and 2 together and got the answer right. Besides, she’s reached a whole lot people with her information campaign and hasn’t called anyone a bad name yet. And you should be careful when throwing around names yourself.

Unregistered

Laura Laura Laura

You sound unhinged and desperate. Is there something else you want to tell the public?

Unregistered

Intelligent, not unhinged.

Laura is one of the most intelligent people around here. It's a real shame she's not mayor. If expressing an opinion to your elected officials makes you "unhinged," but covering up cameras, pointing guns at un-armed parents and a child, and fabricating evidence to protect the real criminal makes you a hero-- well, just go figure. The problem with this Village is everything is upside down-- a real Twilight Zone. Doo doo doo doo doooooooo.