GPs and termination - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about you tell the fat Reyes to do their job and fight gps. I don’t have to park my car at the station like that ugly bald fat Baker Sgt in the north end. Stop trying to manipulate the rookies article 41 gps violates this.
    If there's a article, that violate this, Then it shouldn't be done. The cars are owned by the city, the department is within the city's umbrella. Not really sure what anyone can do about it. Except make it fair and have it in all vehicles. There is no reason as to why, staff, the FOP or any other vehicle, used by the police department should be exempt. Cameras', should be for anyone in uniform, that goes out on the street and has contact with the public. Shouldn't matter the rank, captain on down. Only contact most staff have with the public, is when they go out for there couple hour lunches. I get where many of you are coming from on the GPS. The lie it's for our safety, is just that a lie! It's another tool to be used by I.A. and staff, to pr!ck a officer. I could bet you my last dollar, that Natalie M. won't have a GPS or if any of the Paper's do, it would be over looked. Another point that was made and it was interesting. How true it will be I can't say. That's certain officer's that are strong within the F&F plan, won't get this????

Now, if you say, I'll be fired, if I tamper with the GPS. How are you going to prove I did, unless you follow me 24-7. Defects happen all the time, was it installed right, depending where it's put, road damage or some of the way most drive could, cause it to fall out or be damaged. Will any electronic, inter-fear with the single? What happen to it when or if, it get's wet?? So our computer have a GPS?? Our radio's have a GPS? The GPS, for the vehicle's are not for our safety, it's ONLY for department use. To railroad a officer. It would be nice, if for once we were told the truth! Another interesting thing that was said. If by some miracle, car GPS are put off for a bit. wink, wink. Who's to say when we HAVE to send our vehicle in for oil changes, new tires. One won't be placed on? I.A. does all types of underhanded BS.

Unregistered
    If there's a article, that violate this, Then it shouldn't be done. The cars are owned by the city, the department is within the city's umbrella. Not really sure what anyone can do about it. Except make it fair and have it in all vehicles. There is no reason as to why, staff, the FOP or any other vehicle, used by the police department should be exempt. Cameras', should be for anyone in uniform, that goes out on the street and has contact with the public. Shouldn't matter the rank, captain on down. Only contact most staff have with the public, is when they go out for there couple hour lunches. I get where many of you are coming from on the GPS. The lie it's for our safety, is just that a lie! It's another tool to be used by I.A. and staff, to pr!ck a officer. I could bet you my last dollar, that Natalie M. won't have a GPS or if any of the Paper's do, it would be over looked. Another point that was made and it was interesting. How true it will be I can't say. That's certain officer's that are strong within the F&F plan, won't get this????

Now, if you say, I'll be fired, if I tamper with the GPS. How are you going to prove I did, unless you follow me 24-7. Defects happen all the time, was it installed right, depending where it's put, road damage or some of the way most drive could, cause it to fall out or be damaged. Will any electronic, inter-fear with the single? What happen to it when or if, it get's wet?? So our computer have a GPS?? Our radio's have a GPS? The GPS, for the vehicle's are not for our safety, it's ONLY for department use. To railroad a officer. It would be nice, if for once we were told the truth! Another interesting thing that was said. If by some miracle, car GPS are put off for a bit. wink, wink. Who's to say when we HAVE to send our vehicle in for oil changes, new tires. One won't be placed on? I.A. does all types of underhanded BS.
    FDR and Reyes we see you stop being cyber warriors on Leo Affairs and start addressing issues members are facing with the administration. Your lack of fortitude is crazy damn I rather have the penguin as president.

Unregistered

GPS wasn’t a Rumor reyes

Tommy Reyes said in the last fop meeting it was just a rumor. Now Eldys Diaz is going to roll call warning everyone of what will happen because of gps in regards to discipline. Is this the change you wanted an Fop that keeps you in the dark about what’s going on?

Unregistered
    Hers's a novel idea?? If your so worried and afraid of GPD, leave your PvP at the station or give it up. Simple, don't you think. Having a marked unit, sitting in your driveway and every week, during certain day's and hour's it's gone. It tells, those with ill intent, your gone and your house is ripe for the picking. Went I have court on my day's off the PvP is nice. Any other time, I generally leave it parked at the station and so far, I've never had anyone b!tch to me about it.
    Here's a even better novel idea, how about we get the 10% back that we gave the city for the take home program and we then leave the car at the station , I don't want the car I want the money that we gave for the cars

Unregistered

Reyes , FDR and friends trying to hide treads out of fear

What’s the matter bro doesn’t seem like you want certain treads to be on top. The truth can’t be hidden gps and other issues need to be faced not ignore like the Reyes do.

Unregistered
    I AM A RETIRED OFFICER AND I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW STUPID THE OFFICERS ARE NOW. THE POLICE CARS BELONG TO THE CITY. THEY CAN PUT WHAT EVER THEY WANT INTO IT. THEY CAN SEARCH THE CAR IN AND OUT WHEN EVER THEY WANT TO. IF YOU DONT WANT THEM TO KNOW YOUR BUSINESS, PARK THE STUPID CAR AT THE STATION AND USE YOUR PERSONAL CAR.
    THE FOP HAS NO CONTROL OVER THAT. THEY ARE NOT PUTTING THE GPS IN YOUR WIFE A@SS THEY ARE PUTTING THE GPS INTO THEIR OWN VEHICLE. LEAVE THE CAR AT THE STATION AND USE YOUR OWN CAR.

BY THE WAY, I ALWAYS HAD A BRAND NEW PERSONAL CAR, I DONT NEED THE CITY TO SHOW ME THE SMELL OF A NEW CAR.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2995999]If anything is done to alter or mess with gps reading in your PVp the department will fire you! Thanks worthless Reyes time to impeach them.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
    I AM A RETIRED OFFICER AND I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW STUPID THE OFFICERS ARE NOW. THE POLICE CARS BELONG TO THE CITY. THEY CAN PUT WHAT EVER THEY WANT INTO IT. THEY CAN SEARCH THE CAR IN AND OUT WHEN EVER THEY WANT TO. IF YOU DONT WANT THEM TO KNOW YOUR BUSINESS, PARK THE STUPID CAR AT THE STATION AND USE YOUR PERSONAL CAR.
    THE FOP HAS NO CONTROL OVER THAT. THEY ARE NOT PUTTING THE GPS IN YOUR WIFE A@SS THEY ARE PUTTING THE GPS INTO THEIR OWN VEHICLE. LEAVE THE CAR AT THE STATION AND USE YOUR OWN CAR.

BY THE WAY, I ALWAYS HAD A BRAND NEW PERSONAL CAR, I DONT NEED THE CITY TO SHOW ME THE SMELL OF A NEW CAR.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2995999]If anything is done to alter or mess with gps reading in your PVp the department will fire you! Thanks worthless Reyes time to impeach them.
    [/QUOTE]

No your not a retired officer we see you Reyes and FDR, how about you guys just quit the fop your not doing anything for the membership this is really sad we have no union right now just a Fat puppet.

Unregistered
    Whose harebrained idea was to install GPS equipment in most, if not all MPD vehicles? Look for the connection between the proponent, the lobbyist pushing the sale and the elected official supporting. In other words, follow the money. Moreover, what is the proponent’s predicate for convincing an apparent disconnected police chief to implement what may be a costly purchase; which like the ShotSpotter, may prove to be ultimately worthless.

“Worthless” we assert because you hold the key the program eventual failing. How? Follow Florida law! When traveling to and from work, do so at 50 mph; sure it will take you a bit longer to get to your destinations, so what. When on duty, travel to the calls for service at the designated speed limits or below. Stop at all traffic controlling signs and take you time doing it. Chase no one! Stop complaining about the GPS; the FOP’s failure to stop it, they cannot and do what must be done! You have the power to make this foolish idea fail and by extension its nutty proponent as well.

By the way, GPS has always been an internal investigation tool; the difference between now and then is leadership. Previously, a GPS was installed when IA suspected an officer of wrong doing; it results either confirming IA’s suspicion or not. This blanket GPS application speaks poorly of MPD’s command staff’s leadership skill, from the police chief down to its most toady supporter.

Remember, the least you do, the less this management team; one obviously willing to harm its own, can do to you.

PS: Colina, focus on the few problemed officers, like Javier Ortiz, whose track record more than justifies it.

Unregistered
    Whose harebrained idea was to install GPS equipment in most, if not all MPD vehicles? Look for the connection between the proponent, the lobbyist pushing the sale and the elected official supporting. In other words, follow the money. Moreover, what is the proponent’s predicate for convincing an apparent disconnected police chief to implement what may be a costly purchase; which like the ShotSpotter, may prove to be ultimately worthless.

“Worthless” we assert because you hold the key the program eventual failing. How? Follow Florida law! When traveling to and from work, do so at 50 mph; sure it will take you a bit longer to get to your destinations, so what. When on duty, travel to the calls for service at the designated speed limits or below. Stop at all traffic controlling signs and take you time doing it. Chase no one! Stop complaining about the GPS; the FOP’s failure to stop it, they cannot and do what must be done! You have the power to make this foolish idea fail and by extension its nutty proponent as well.

By the way, GPS has always been an internal investigation tool; the difference between now and then is leadership. Previously, a GPS was installed when IA suspected an officer of wrong doing; it results either confirming IA’s suspicion or not. This blanket GPS application speaks poorly of MPD’s command staff’s leadership skill, from the police chief down to its most toady supporter.

Remember, the least you do, the less this management team; one obviously willing to harm its own, can do to you.

PS: Colina, focus on the few problemed officers, like Javier Ortiz, whose track record more than justifies it.
    Well put Joe. Now the problem is not the traffic infractions Joe. The problem is when you can be tracked like an animal to you later. That's an issue. Joe you're no longer an officer we know and so we understand you don't care. Toomy Matt and markowitz this doesn't affect you but my safety is important.

Unregistered

QUOTE=Unregistered;2995999]If anything is done to alter or mess with gps reading in your PVp the department will fire you! Thanks worthless Reyes time to impeach them.
    [/QUOTE]

You were never in patrol then with a take home car then. Why yes the city can search and put things in your car. You still as a employee have a certain right to privacy. The introduction of GPS becomes a term and a working condition. Therefore the FOP
    does have the right to negotiate over them. Didn’t they do the same thing when take home cars happened over Gestapo Joe’s objections when we got the cars. However if the Reyes knew a little something they may have fought harder if they did at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast