Who will the next chief be???? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Well, we know who it won’t be. SJDL

Unregistered
    Does it even matter? Everyone will ***** anyway.

If we get an outside Chief, everyone will be up in arms because once again promotions from within get stopped.

If we promote one of ours, everyone will ***** because it’s not the one that likes you. No? Look over this damn forum. The only reason there aren’t threads talking shit about Barretto is because 1) this forum wasn’t around back then and 2) there weren’t as many cry babies back then.
    In any case, we might as well have Arnold come back and make him Chief. IDGAF! I will still have a job to do.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does it even matter? Everyone will ***** anyway.

If we get an outside Chief, everyone will be up in arms because once again promotions from within get stopped.

If we promote one of ours, everyone will ***** because it’s not the one that likes you. No? Look over this damn forum. The only reason there aren’t threads talking shit about Barretto is because 1) this forum wasn’t around back then and 2) there weren’t as many cry babies back then.
    In any case, we might as well have Arnold come back and make him Chief. IDGAF! I will still have a job to do.
    Thanks SJDK

Unregistered
    What does SJDK mean?

Unregistered
    What does SJDK mean?
    Its a tough situation for anyone there. There has been such a fast gentrification and loss of an asset for MB is troubling.
    Bringing in an outsider from a top violent city has its advantages (Chicago, LA, NY, OH, IN)
    But you also need to reshuffle the deck in house.....seems the morale has been hit.

I think this is when discussions occur with feds and input is made on suggestions.
    Plus, a chief can only do so much to curb crime without the relationships built within city hall, planning, economic development. Its a very unique combination that is needed at the Beach.

Could be awhile.....an interim should atleast be named, and you boys should stop crying so much. Policies create change, but they have to be enforced well, together, and with show of strength.

Unregistered
    Its a tough situation for anyone there. There has been such a fast gentrification and loss of an asset for MB is troubling.
    Bringing in an outsider from a top violent city has its advantages (Chicago, LA, NY, OH, IN)
    But you also need to reshuffle the deck in house.....seems the morale has been hit.

I think this is when discussions occur with feds and input is made on suggestions.
    Plus, a chief can only do so much to curb crime without the relationships built within city hall, planning, economic development. Its a very unique combination that is needed at the Beach.

Could be awhile.....an interim should atleast be named, and you boys should stop crying so much. Policies create change, but they have to be enforced well, together, and with show of strength.
    What??? Please refrain from trying to use big words such as "gentrification" and "awhile." I don't think those things mean what you think they mean.

Unregistered
    Someone wrote about Rick,s vs Wayne's competencies earlier. More than these two, it lends itself to open a good discuss on leadership anyways. No matter your rank, If the team should be allocating ongoing training with regard to Ei. Ei drives leadership performance. And I disagreed with the poster earlier as they are not only innate talents, but rather learned capabilities that must be worked on and can be developed time achieve outstanding performance. Some get there sooner than others, so get hijacked but we all should strive for the 4 main constructs if Ei. (Aka emotional intelligence in leadership)
    1. Self-awareness - the ability to read one,s emotions and recognize their impact while using gut feelings to guide decisions.
    2. Self-management - involves controlling one,s emotions and impulses and adapting to changing circumstances
    3. Social awareness - the ability to sense, understand, and react to other,s emotions while comprehending social networks
    4. Relationship management - the ability to inspire, influence, and develop others while managing conflict.

These are at the core what every officer is trained to do, but while trying to perfect these over life, we often forget these basic core and let others know we aren't following the truest guide anymore. These are fundamental workplace competencies everywhere. If a supervisor understands how they can manage their own emotional intelligence, they can then better manage thise associates below them who are coming up.

More on management style on another post.. as.I'm still on the clock...

Unregistered
    Yep. Except at executive level you should have the 28 ECQs. Basic model for govt employees :
    Https://www.resume-place.com/senior-...-competencies/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123