Cheif announced his retirement!

Unregistered

Cheif announced his retirement!

He was going to fired regardless!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    He was going to fired regardless!
    No doubt he's ecstatic to be leaving behind idiots who can't spell, or punctuate.

Unregistered
    No doubt he's ecstatic to be leaving behind idiots who can't spell, or punctuate.
    Well played!

Unregistered
    Well played!
    Hold on a minute there. We only hire people with 4 year college degrees.

Unregistered
    The worst chief in Dade County. Whoever said he was a World Class Chief should be ***** slapped.

Unregistered
    The worst chief in Dade County. Whoever said he was a World Class Chief should be ***** slapped.
    To Oates’ everlasting shame; if that is possible, he wore the Aurora, Colorado massacre of April 20, 1999, like cheap suit. By the time he arrived, responding officers, sergeants & lieutenants had secured the scene & apprehended the shooter. As to Oates’ tenure as Miami Beach Police Chief; paraphrasing Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 5: “Out, out, brief candle! [Your term was but] a walking shadow, a poor player that [pranced and fussed] his hour upon [our] stage, And then is heard no more: It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.” We hope Jimmy appoints from within.

Unregistered
    To Oates’ everlasting shame; if that is possible, he wore the Aurora, Colorado massacre of April 20, 1999, like cheap suit. By the time he arrived, responding officers, sergeants & lieutenants had secured the scene & apprehended the shooter. As to Oates’ tenure as Miami Beach Police Chief; paraphrasing Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 5: “Out, out, brief candle! [Your term was but] a walking shadow, a poor player that [pranced and fussed] his hour upon [our] stage, And then is heard no more: It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.” We hope Jimmy appoints from within.
    Although, I do not necessarily agree with your perspective of Oates’ reign, I applaude your thoughtful, well written and educated post. It is extremely refreshing. Just when I thought everyone I worked with were fools, you proved me wrong. To quote Shakespeare, yet again, my vision moving forward is: “True hope is swift, and flies with swallow’s wings. Kings it makes gods, and meaner creatures kings.” Richard III, Act 5, Scene 2.

Unregistered
    Ummm....you two want a room?

Unregistered
    Ummm....you two want a room?
    Oh yes, so we can delight each other with dueling; apropos Shakespearean quotes. For us logomaniacs, words have profound meaning and nowhere in history have words been more poignantly plied than in Shakespeare's plays and sonnets.

For us police officers, I believe this stanza from Julius Caesar is quite befitting!

Jesting aside, we pray that Jimmy will do the right thing and appoint a police chief from within. A person that is experienced, knowledgeable, tenured, but most importantly, knows the policing challenges facing Miami Beach and the men and women laboring therein.

“Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.”

William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

Unregistered
    Oh yes, so we can delight each other with dueling; apropos Shakespearean quotes. For us logomaniacs, words have profound meaning and nowhere in history have words been more poignantly plied than in Shakespeare's plays and sonnets.

For us police officers, I believe this stanza from Julius Caesar is quite befitting!

Jesting aside, we pray that Jimmy will do the right thing and appoint a police chief from within. A person that is experienced, knowledgeable, tenured, but most importantly, knows the policing challenges facing Miami Beach and the men and women laboring therein.

“Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.”

William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
    WTH is this? Seidentoph report writing? lol