Sheriff Tom Knight's "inmate-on-inmate" mentoring proram

Unregistered

Question Sheriff Tom Knight's "inmate-on-inmate" mentoring proram

Sheriff Tom Knight announced that he has an "inmate-on-inmate mentoring program" in the jail. To explain the exact mechanics of it, can someone please post the written policy, directive or general order?

Here is Sheriff Knight announcing his "inmate-on-inmate mentoring program:"

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/TE5ca90c514d550

Unregistered
    What Knight really means is that other inmates will beat up (batter) the new inmate. Knight thinks he's being funny when he insinuates that on camera. Similarly, during an in-service training session for deputies, Knight complained to us about deputies that don't agree with him and his philosophy. Knight said that we should take those offending deputies out behind the building and beat them up. He said that's how it was handled in the old days --- and he told us that we should handle it that way today. Knight's tongue is always C0CKED and locked and he's eventually going to have to eat his unethical words when a litigious attorney challenges him, either in a deposition or in court.

Unregistered
    As a reasonable person it sounds to me the Sheriff is asking inmates to commit a battery on the suspect once he is in jail. If one hair is harmed on that man's head while he is in your custody Sheriff, every lawyer in this state will be all over you. You are for a fact stating in a backhanded way that you are allowing criminals with prior crimes to commit a crime for you. You having knowledge that those criminals have prior predicate acts (are you going to reward those inmates that beat this man up?). I think there might be a law for what you just did. Sheriff you are sworn to protect the weak and the misguided with eyes of non judgement. Have you lost your mind? You really condone inmates hurting other inmates at your command? That is what mafia bosses do. That is why it is illegal. That is why you are a bully sir it is now a fact from your mouth. Our agency is better than this.
    Anyone who helps this Sheriff win another election has lost all of their integrity as a police officer and shame on you for helping him. Someone please forward this video to Morgan and Morgan so when this inmate gets beat up he can sue the hell out of the Sheriff and perhaps there could be criminal charges brought against Knight himself. We are better than this guys and gals we have always been better than him. Keep your heads held high. This man does not reflect who the fine men and women of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office are.

On a side note it is my opinion that this man Sheriff Knight has some mental issues that he needs to deal with by seeking professional help. I hope that the Governor sees this video and speaks to him about it. The election is coming.

Unregistered
    Every time this guy speaks in public it erodes my confidence in the Sheriffs Office. Is he serious? Is he asking inmates to harm other inmates? This man is a fool and the county commission needs to petition the governor.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Informal mafia threats start at the top and work downwards

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sheriff Tom Knight announced that he has an "inmate-on-inmate mentoring program" in the jail. To explain the exact mechanics of it, can someone please post the written policy, directive or general order?

Here is Sheriff Knight announcing his "inmate-on-inmate mentoring program:"

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/TE5ca90c514d550
    Sheriff Knight does not have a formal “inmate on inmate” mentoring program. That is an informal term which means that one inmate is going to beat the hell out of another inmate. Only those who work in criminal justice understand that informal interpretation – until now.

As a reasonable person, it sounds to me the Sheriff is asking inmates to commit a battery on the suspect, once he is in jail. If one hair is harmed on that man's head while he is in your custody Sheriff, every lawyer in this state will be all over you. You are for a fact stating in a backhanded way that you are allowing criminals with prior crimes to commit a crime for you. You having knowledge that those criminals have prior predicate acts (are you going to reward those inmates that beat this man up?). I think there might be a law for what you just did. Sheriff, you are sworn to protect the weak and the misguided with eyes of non judgement. Have you lost your mind? You really condone inmates hurting other inmates at your command? That is what mafia bosses do. That is why it is illegal. That is why you are a bully sir it is now a fact from your mouth. Our agency is better than this.
    That’s how Sheriff Knight operates, both with inmates and with SSO employees. It’s been very effective for him (so far).

John Kost
    Sheriff Knight, what exactly do you mean when you say the inmates will mentor another prisoner and then you smile like everyone knows what you mean. As a citizen of Sarasota County, I hope you do not advocate violence in your jail as your retribution for an arrest that you grandstanded on. Just curious as I went to the Sarasota County Sheriff's website and did not see a list of your "mentoring" programs. If you, or someone in your staff can expound on your comment, we would all love to hear an answer as to what you meant and do you, by making such a comment advocate violence by prisoners in your jail?

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by John Kost View Post
    Sheriff Knight, what exactly do you mean when you say the inmates will mentor another prisoner and then you smile like everyone knows what you mean. As a citizen of Sarasota County, I hope you do not advocate violence in your jail as your retribution for an arrest that you grandstanded on. Just curious as I went to the Sarasota County Sheriff's website and did not see a list of your "mentoring" programs. If you, or someone in your staff can expound on your comment, we would all love to hear an answer as to what you meant and do you, by making such a comment advocate violence by prisoners in your jail?
    Knight definitely grandstanded on that one (1) arrest. If you look at the original video, which was created by Knight's highly paid SSO media personnel, you will see about 20 minutes of total video footage, which has not been released to the public. The public only sees 7 minutes of edited video. Knight created that video because he figured it would provide him favorable publicity -- sort of like Sheriff Grady Judd -- except Knight is obviously not a Sheriff Grady Judd.

Sheriff you are sworn to protect the weak and the misguided with eyes of non judgement. Have you lost your mind? You really condone inmates hurting other inmates at your command? That is what mafia bosses do. That is why it is illegal. That is why you are a bully, sir, and it is now a fact from your own mouth. Our agency is better than this.
    Knight informally advocated physical violence against an inmate and it is reprehensible -- despite his laughing smirk as he said it. If an SSO employee intimated violence against Knight, then what would Knight's thoughtless, instinctive and emotional reaction be? He would become visibly unhinged.

Unregistered
    The individual who wrote about voting Knight out was right. I cannot believe what I just watched.