Elected Sarasota Sheriff's Salary - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    I know the sheriff likes me. He always calls me “buddy”!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Upon retirement, how come deputies don't receive medical, while elected sheriffs do?
    I can tell you another reason, because you guys are to stupid to stick together and form a collective body. You do whatever the Sheriff says and you will step over one another's backs for his scraps.

Unregistered
    I can tell you another reason, because you guys are to stupid to stick together and form a collective body. You do whatever the Sheriff says and you will step over one another's backs for his scraps.
    It is now nearly impossible to start-up a union because whoever tries to do that will invariably lose their job because they will be targeted and harassed with trumped up general order violations. It's sort of like rolling through a stop sign: you don't write a ticket for it unless the guy is a jerk, but the law is the law, so you CAN write him a ticket for rolling through it at one mph. Writing up a deputy on trumped up general violations is the exact same. If the deputy gets too many "points" (violations of GOs), then he can be legally terminated. It's easy to rack up "points" (GO violations) on someone that you want to get rid of, such as someone who is trying to start a union. Sheriff departments are notorious for having dictatorial sheriffs who answer to no one, except the voters who only see his Facebook page or his YouTube announcements. However, what goes around comes around and Knight is not an exception to that eternal rule. It's just a matter of time.

Unregistered
    The Sheriff is paid by the State of Florida. Every Florida Sheriff is paid based on the population of the county hence the population increases every year. While I would like to see another pay grade like a Master Patrol Deputy. That way we can kick into another Step plan.

Unregistered
    That's because you don't mean enough to him for him to learn your name. Sheriff Monge not only knew your name, but your spouse's name AND your kids' names too.

Unregistered

That's because you don't mean enough to him for him to learn your name. Sheriff Monge not only knew your name, but your spouse's name AND your kids' names too.
    Knight calls everyone "buddy," unless he knows your name. However, I detest it and cringe whenever he calls me "buddy" because I am NOT his "buddy." The Bible tells us to pray for our enemies... and I do pray for Knight.

Unregistered
    I thought Tom was my friend?

Unregistered
    You thought wrong. He's not your friend and you aren't his buddy.

Unregistered
    He also gets specialty pay. For what reason does a Sheriff need specialty pay? Here is the answer no reason at all.

Unregistered
    He also gets specialty pay. For what reason does a Sheriff need specialty pay? Here is the answer no reason at all.
    Actually the true answer for him getting specialty pay is because his ego says he's special and his acorn sized brain cannot comprehend the fact that other people "under" him are getting something he isn't. He will go down as the worst, non-indicted sheriff this county has ever had the misfortune of having to tolerate. Yes, even worse than Hardcastle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12