Confirmed: Gov Desantis wants to replace Swearingen - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Old news - cabinet position, not a governor appointee.
    Why oh why would Rick Swearingen want to work for a governor who very obviously does not want him in the position any longer?

Unregistered
    Yep.... takes 4. NF put the cabinet on notice at their first meeting. Why no cabinet agency leaders have been replaced. No need for RS to start packing anytime soon.
    You aren't as plugged in as you think you are.

Unregistered
    Old news - cabinet position, not a governor appointee.
    That's right. We all know the commissioner of FDLE was appointed for a lifetime term by Rick Scott.

Unregistered

Do The Right Thing

It's time for Swearingen to do the right thing and retire. He has more than enough time in to earn retirement. After seeing this newspaper article, we now know that rumors of a replacement are indeed true. Sadly, Swearingen's cronies jump in spouting technicalities about how it takes 4 (Govr and 3 Cabinet members) to replace him.

Is that really the legacy Swearingen wants to leave? First he became the Accidental Commissioner when Scott fired Bailey. Now he's the Unwanted Commissioner because Desantis wants to go in a different direction. It's not personal, he's the new Governor and he deserves to pick his own people. The Cabinet members understand that. This is not the same as when Bailey was railroaded by Rick Scott. Desantis doesn't operate like a snake the way Scott did. He actually respects ALL of his fellow Cabinet members, so enough with the "Governor vs. Cabinet" insinuations.

As members of FDLE don't we deserve better? Don't we deserve a dignified, respectful transition to a new commissioner instead of someone who has to be forced out? Do the right thing Swearingen. It's not about you, it's about FDLE.

Unregistered
    The Commissioner doesn’t work for just Governor..... he works for all 4 members of the Cabinet equally. When they all agree that they want a new leader at FDLE then so be it but just because the Governor wants it doesn’t mean the Commissioner should just resign. I’m no fan either way but the rules are the rules.

Unregistered
    The Commissioner doesn’t work for just Governor..... he works for all 4 members of the Cabinet equally. When they all agree that they want a new leader at FDLE then so be it but just because the Governor wants it doesn’t mean the Commissioner should just resign. I’m no fan either way but the rules are the rules.
    You aren't a fan either way but you'll probably be out of a job if he leaves, amirite?

Unregistered
    Most people in his position would have the grace and dignity required to move on. When you're not wanted, you're not wanted. This isn't writing on the wall here, it's more like a billboard.

But many thanks to the obvious insider who keeps lecturing us about the Governor and Cabinet structure.

Unregistered
    You aren't a fan either way but you'll probably be out of a job if he leaves, amirite?
    Nope... I’m fine regardless of who the Commish is but you sound like you got a case of the “ why am I not being promoted “ blues..... amirite????

Unregistered
    Nope... I’m fine regardless of who the Commish is but you sound like you got a case of the “ why am I not being promoted “ blues..... amirite????
    Maybe I'm Black and know I won't be promoted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12