Confirmed: Gov Desantis wants to replace Swearingen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Confirmed: Gov Desantis wants to replace Swearingen

Anyone who thought that Rick Scotts Boy was safe was delusional... It's only a matter of time before a REAL, QUALIFIED Commish takes the lead at FDLE.

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2019/04/b...-commissioner/

Brevard Sheriff Wayne Ivey Addresses Gov. DeSantis’ Offer To Become FDLE’s Commissioner

BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey announced in a video segment on Monday that he will continue to serve as Sheriff of Brevard County after being offered the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Commissioner position by Gov. DeSantis.

Ivey says he was offered the position by Gov. DeSantis, however, Ivey turned it down citing his passion for Brevard County and the citizens.

“Serving as the Sheriff of Brevard County is the most incredible position and honor I could ever ask for,” said Sheriff Ivey.

Sheriff Ivey discussed his role on Gov. DeSantis’ public safety transition team following the 2018 Election and his decision to stay as Brevard County Sheriff.

“During the transition, I had the opportunity to meet with our Governor, Lt. Governor and their staff members on several occasions concerning matters of public safety and my over 20 years of service to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. During those meetings, we discussed the history and strategy of FDLE and where FDLE needed to focus their efforts in the future as one of the premiere law enforcement agencies.”

“As part of the conversation, Gov. DeSantis inquired about if the position of commissioner of FDLE were to become available, would I be interested in accepting the position?”

“While I was honored the Governor would consider me for such a prestigious role in his administration, I shared with him and his staff that I absolutely love serving as the Sheriff of Brevard County and that there is no other job or assignment I would prefer to have than serving the citizens of Brevard County as their Sheriff.”

Unregistered
    Take good ol' Boy Foy with ya!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Take good ol' Boy Foy with ya!!
    Rumor is a sweet job at Valencia College just happened to open up, and since it's in his old home town.....

Unregistered
    Old news - cabinet position, not a governor appointee.

Unregistered
    Do not talk bad about Rick, SOT North just found out that the hard way.....little threat of suspending the team

Unregistered
    Yep.... takes 4. NF put the cabinet on notice at their first meeting. Why no cabinet agency leaders have been replaced. No need for RS to start packing anytime soon.

Unregistered
    Yep.... takes 4. NF put the cabinet on notice at their first meeting. Why no cabinet agency leaders have been replaced. No need for RS to start packing anytime soon.
    Of course it takes 4, just ask Gerald Baily. This is pure politics. Get a clue.

Unregistered

Smart Decision.......To Much Baggage......

BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey announced in a video segment on Monday that he will continue to serve as Sheriff of Brevard County after being offered the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Commissioner position by Gov. DeSantis.

“During the transition, I had the opportunity to meet with our Governor, Lt. Governor and their staff members on several occasions concerning matters of public safety and my over 20 years of service to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. During those meetings, we discussed the history and strategy of FDLE and where FDLE needed to focus their efforts in the future as one of the premiere law enforcement agencies.”

Ivey has way to much baggage to be Commissioner.......

Unregistered
    Too bad.
    FDLE badly needs an actual cop to lead them for a change. There has not been one in that position for decades.
    And it shows.

Unregistered

Ivey has way to much baggage to be Commissioner.......
    Wouldn't matter, he would have been good for FDLE.. all of these guys have some type of baggage.

Look at the current Commish, under qualified who was put in on a buddy appointment with ZERO experience leading an organization. Ivey has led an organization, knows FDLE's politics, and would actually be respected by the Legislature and other LEO leaders. Not the case now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast