Lateral
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lateral

Unregistered

Lateral

Hey guys

I keep seeing mixed bag stuff about PCSO. I’m trying to lateral back to Florida from out West. Is PCSO even worth looking into?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey guys

I keep seeing mixed bag stuff about PCSO. I’m trying to lateral back to Florida from out West. Is PCSO even worth looking into?
    Yes. It’s great especially compared to other agencies in the area. But come on bro ur asking the LEO Affairs crew and of course you will get the this place sucks response just like they do about everything and everybody else. Every board on this site has the this place sucks response. PCSO rocks compare to the sh*t hole I came from. Training is great and good equipment. !2’s in patrol and pay is average but great working here. Lots of new people so if you kick azz you can move up pretty quick.

Unregistered
    Hey guys

Tahoes. Step Plan. Dark Green Uniforms. Glock 21’s and AR15’s. Health, Dental, Eye Care Insurance. 12 Hour Shifts. $47 an hour Off Duty Details. Free Life Scan. Two different weight loss programs. Free Ballistic Vest every five years. Free everything uniform related except underwear and t-shirts.

Unregistered
    Before the trolls show up, I'll add to the positive review. We have some politics like anyone else but theyre good to us overall.

Unregistered
    You heard from the sheriff's trolls, now it's time to hear the rest of the story.

Better off at Tampa PD. 20 and out with a better pension and benefits. Less politics too which are horrible here because the agency is run but a sheriff who is a corrupt and evil dictator. Nepotism and politics are rampant when it comes to promotions, assignments and disciplinary action/rule enforcement. It's a steady paycheck if you manage to keep a low profile, that's about it.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Just go under administration and then 'Posted closed cases" See for yourself the incompetent azzes. Not to mention the sausage sucking detention deputy, the ones that likes to put nails under peoples tires,the ones that arrested for domestic violence, dui"s etc. The ones that like to hideout in back dark parking lots of 7-11s thinking nobody sees you! A lot of little boys wanna be"s that are so worried that somebody else is getting a cookie that they cant do their own job. This is why the PCSO has the reputation we do!!!! Need I say more! Do yourself a favor and check other agencies.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Yes. It’s great especially compared to other agencies in the area. But come on bro ur asking the LEO Affairs crew and of course you will get the this place sucks response just like they do about everything and everybody else. Every board on this site has the this place sucks response. PCSO rocks compare to the sh*t hole I came from. Training is great and good equipment. !2’s in patrol and pay is average but great working here. Lots of new people so if you kick azz you can move up pretty quick.

Well no thats not how it works! Its more like suck azz to move up quickly!!! You work for the PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT where Bobbys in charge!

Unregistered
    thanks for the info fellas....stay safe

Unregistered
    thanks for the info fellas....stay safe
    Don’t listen to the losers who post here. Most have discipline issues. PCSO is excellent. Boss treats us good and great equipment. Pay decent and better than some. Pay ain’t everything.

Unregistered
    If you aren’t related to someone, friends with the upper command staff, Greek, butt kisser, or a hot babe that puts out, you won’t go anywhere. The nepotism runs wild at the PCSO. Every week, we have a lottery system on who is going to IA, and the normal is a level 5 with a level 3 which equals to 40 hours off. You have to do 30 years or age 60, good luck if you can make it. As for the above mentioned, we have good pay, pay scale Maxs Out at 16 years. Chevy Tahoe’s, green uniforms, decent benefits, and a lot of micro management. If this sounds good to you, come on board and welcome to the PCSO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast