Jenkins versus Chitwood - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would not blame Jenkins for not coming back at all. The law enforcement profession is a noble one. Just like the military. With the military a leader like Chitwood would be forced out. Everyone would see what an absolute joke he is (whether subordinates, superiors or the elected officials). Chitwood is lucky he can be a big fish in this small pond of Volusia. Because he would be a failure anywhere else.

Jenkins is too good for the law enforcement profession (with Chitwood as his leader). Let him go work for the power company, the teaching profession or anywhere else.

Enjoy your soon to be settlement Jenkins....anybody that works for Chitwood should get it...but especially you.
    I AGREE, I ALSO AGREE THIS THREAD TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER ALL OTHERS... KEEP THIS THREAD FRESH AND COMMENT TO KEEP THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION. THE LONGER THIS LINGERS, THE MORE IT WILL FINANCIALLY STING THE TAXPAYERS OF VOLUSIA COUNTY
    My .02 cents

Unregistered
    As a Deltona deputy I will say Jenkins is sorely missed. He is needed in D4 more than ever.

Unregistered
    As a Deltona deputy I will say that Jenkins is missed more than ever in D4.

Unregistered
    Jenkins punishment of termination just does not add up. Jenkins tripped someone who threatened to be a mass shooter who happen to have a pre-existing injury. Yet we have a deputy punch a DV arrestee in the nose after being spat on and he doesn't even get a letter in his file... and they had to search with flashlights to find the alleged spit.

http://volusiaexposed.com/investigat...18017Teske.pdf

Unregistered
    Jenkins punishment of termination just does not add up. Jenkins tripped someone who threatened to be a mass shooter who happen to have a pre-existing injury. Yet we have a deputy punch a DV arrestee in the nose after being spat on and he doesn't even get a letter in his file... and they had to search with flashlights to find the alleged spit.

To use an adage from a knowledgeable poster....here is my .02 cents.

Chitwood can use the issue of Jenkins for political gains and to soothe his ego (just like he did with Szabo). When he loses the Jenkins appeal (and he will lose) he will blame it on the legal advisor, the PIO staff, or anybody other than himself. With the Teske incident it was not in his political advantage to use this one (thus the situation is almost a "different spanks for different ranks" type issue....or a different times for different crimes.). Now if Teske had given an illegal immigrant the punch...stand by.

Counting the days until Jenkins gets to further expose that joke of a Sheriff for what he is....

Unregistered

You also have a captain who beat a handcuffed transgender person on body camera with multiple deputies as witnesses. This was brought to the attention of the chief deputy. Have you ever seen or heard of an IA on that one? 🤔

As they say...different spanks for different ranks.

Unregistered

I'm your calculator to help you add it up...

This had nothing to do with Jenkins. This was a way to attempt to discredit the prior administration and discredit an elite agency run under Ben. It doesn't take much LEO Affairs surfing (several years back) to see the clear disdain Chief Chitwood had against Ben and your agency as a whole. Took personal jabs at VCSO employees and training they've recieved and crappy pay as a result. Look at training now... did training get an upgrade with MC? NO! You're all full time overworked and tired guardians.
    It was personal. He had a point to prove and set out to say "see, I was right" and I'll fix it! However it has been a colossal failure and backfired to epic proportions, proving to be very costly to taxpayers. The financial damage to the county will exceed any offers of past settlements, I guarentee it!!!
    I believe in my heart that Jenkins will cash out his chips and move on serving the public where he can help everyone now, with higher pay and better treatment from his supervisors /boss. Everyone loves the linemen who restore our power during times of emergency and hurricanes, right. Everyone is happy when he restores power! He doesn't have to 10-14 stinky pooh covered crackheads and heroin addicts in his cabin of his vehicle now.
    I have actually asked... Andrew misses the roads still! Can you believe that? His concerns mirror the commenter above and he misses D4. It isn't the money, it was his drive and desire to be the best and do his best. We need a Sheriff with the same ethics and morals as Jenkins...
    Hope I cleared up questions

Unregistered
    Jenkins will be able to get the coveted ISC.....i survived Chitwood......medal. Don't come back to the vcso after you win jenkins. Your life is better without it.

Unregistered
    I'm your calculator to help you add it up...

This had nothing to do with Jenkins. This was a way to attempt to discredit the prior administration and discredit an elite agency run under Ben. It doesn't take much LEO Affairs surfing (several years back) to see the clear disdain Chief Chitwood had against Ben and your agency as a whole. Took personal jabs at VCSO employees and training they've recieved and crappy pay as a result. Look at training now... did training get an upgrade with MC? NO! You're all full time overworked and tired guardians.
    It was personal. He had a point to prove and set out to say "see, I was right" and I'll fix it! However it has been a colossal failure and backfired to epic proportions, proving to be very costly to taxpayers. The financial damage to the county will exceed any offers of past settlements, I guarentee it!!!
    I believe in my heart that Jenkins will cash out his chips and move on serving the public where he can help everyone now, with higher pay and better treatment from his supervisors /boss. Everyone loves the linemen who restore our power during times of emergency and hurricanes, right. Everyone is happy when he restores power! He doesn't have to 10-14 stinky pooh covered crackheads and heroin addicts in his cabin of his vehicle now.
    I have actually asked... Andrew misses the roads still! Can you believe that? His concerns mirror the commenter above and he misses D4. It isn't the money, it was his drive and desire to be the best and do his best. We need a Sheriff with the same ethics and morals as Jenkins...
    Hope I cleared up questions
    Definitely cleared things up! It's terrible Chitwood would ruin anyones life because of a vendetta! Someone told me Jenkins should them over 50 pages of medals, awards and accolades from his marine corps service and short time at VCSO. It has never been more clear Chitwood did zero homework before undressing the man. We lost a damn good man. I also heard when Chitwood fired Jenkins he was in the middle of building a house with his pregnant wife.

Unregistered
    Definitely cleared things up! It's terrible Chitwood would ruin anyones life because of a vendetta! Someone told me Jenkins should them over 50 pages of medals, awards and accolades from his marine corps service and short time at VCSO. It has never been more clear Chitwood did zero homework before undressing the man. We lost a damn good man. I also heard when Chitwood fired Jenkins he was in the middle of building a house with his pregnant wife.
    There should be a list of all the lives and careers Chitwood ruined. All the careers cut short by Chitwood. Whether sworn (Szabo, Jenkins) or civilian (Jody Thomas, Evan Ort) Chitwood just does not care. I am sure the number of people that have retired or resigned must be over 100 by now.

Anybody still with VCSO must be watching their back. Unless you have no backbone (Omelia, Morgan).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast