Jenkins versus Chitwood - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Definitely cleared things up! It's terrible Chitwood would ruin anyones life because of a vendetta! Someone told me Jenkins should them over 50 pages of medals, awards and accolades from his marine corps service and short time at VCSO. It has never been more clear Chitwood did zero homework before undressing the man. We lost a damn good man. I also heard when Chitwood fired Jenkins he was in the middle of building a house with his pregnant wife.
    Medal of Merit; December 15, 2015
    Employee Performance Notice; July 27, 2016
    Medal of Valor; April 10, 2017
    Medal of Merit; June 15, 2017

I cannot list the actual event, I wasn't there. I'll say, Andrew was told he would not be terminated if he challenged the findings and punishment. He, being the noble honorable man he is challenged. Was placed in the Daytona courthouse and dismissed in a way no cop should endure... Not even a dirty one. I wish documents could be shared here, that would be too transparent for comfort.

Unregistered
    It is nice to see how the teachers union is always bringing issues involving the teachers to light. It is time for the deputies union to get back in the game. It has been 2 years since the sign brought attention to the plight of deputies. How about a no confidence vote? How about more coverage of the jenkins issue?

Unregistered
    It is nice to see how the teachers union is always bringing issues involving the teachers to light. It is time for the deputies union to get back in the game. It has been 2 years since the sign brought attention to the plight of deputies. How about a no confidence vote? How about more coverage of the jenkins issue?
    Everybody knows why Brodie and the Union are silent on Chitwood. After watching Chitwood ruin Szabo and Jenkins they know what it would be like to be in his crosshairs.

But here is my question. What about the Council? And this is not about lowering themselves to the level of Chitwood (name calling, lying, etc). But the council has the obligation to inform the public about the safety and security of the council.

Ben should know first hand about the shenanigans of Chitwood. He was one of many called names by Chitwood when he was the Sheriff. Ben....do your job as a councilman....inform the public about Chitwood. What about Denys, Kelly and others that have endured the name calling and antics of Chitwood. The council needs to start looking out for the citizens.

Unregistered
    Everybody knows why Brodie and the Union are silent on Chitwood. After watching Chitwood ruin Szabo and Jenkins they know what it would be like to be in his crosshairs.

But here is my question. What about the Council? And this is not about lowering themselves to the level of Chitwood (name calling, lying, etc). But the council has the obligation to inform the public about the safety and security of the council.

Ben should know first hand about the shenanigans of Chitwood. He was one of many called names by Chitwood when he was the Sheriff. Ben....do your job as a councilman....inform the public about Chitwood. What about Denys, Kelly and others that have endured the name calling and antics of Chitwood. The council needs to start looking out for the citizens.
    Finally yes! I agree, however I disagree with starting the blame game there... Of course Ben would win that battle. They know, and in my personal opinion, all fear the Sheriffs new low, with exception of Ben. But why should Ben have to do the act. You all know Ben is a team player! He brought the agency from the worst it was to the best it ever was, in my opinion. I think a better option is to have some public gathering. I suggest on or Around Jenkins' appeal board hearing. We cant put this on Ben, he is a team player, always has been in my eyes. Ben is an asset to Volusia County Council and not a tool to cause more dissent. Ben has dignity and compassion. It shows through his recent votes at council, along with his courage and dedication in discussions. Ben is involved! It would take all, or none.
    Watch how quick it becomes unfair to MC and a political attack.

In an email to all members of the prior council. I asked 2 questions to all... 3 members answered. 2 off record and in person. The questions were:

#1 Do you agree with the disparaging comments made about councilwoman Denys by the current elected Sheriff? Yes/No
    SEXIST IF YOU ASK ME : (
    #2 Do you agree with the reference made by the current elected Sheriff of the prior Sheriff Johnson, also running for at large seat as an "a**"? Yes/No
    One of the face to face answers reflected a yes answer to both 🤐

I think when the Jenkins story breaks that word will get out. It will cause concern and news. There is a national shortage on law enforcement officers and Volusia's Sheriff wrongfully terminates two decorated deputies??? Why though? My guess is Chitwood has thin skin and cant take fact based constructive criticism. That and the fact that Szabo carrys his balls on his shoulders!
    Jenkins will walk away with a record settlement because Chitwood had to manipulate a way to make the old administration look bad. If half as much effort was used to better the agency, rather than dismantle it, VCSO would be a county law enforcement officer would travel too. Just imagine if an elite training center got even better!

My .02 cents

Unregistered
    Ben may have started as a friend to the rank and file but ended up with a mentality of "you may kiss the ring". Self absorbed power junkie.

Unregistered
    Ben may have started as a friend to the rank and file but ended up with a mentality of "you may kiss the ring". Self absorbed power junkie.
    I can agree to disagree. I see completely differently. have faith in Ben and his decisions and votes. Ben certainly cares!

KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON ANDREW JENKINS CURRENT.

Unregistered
    I can agree to disagree. I see completely differently. have faith in Ben and his decisions and votes. Ben certainly cares!

KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON ANDREW JENKINS CURRENT.
    I agree we need to keep the focus on Jenkins. But we also need to focus in on imbecile sheriff we have so that we do not have any more Jenkins.

Unregistered
    I agree we need to keep the focus on Jenkins. But we also need to focus in on imbecile sheriff we have so that we do not have any more Jenkins.
    Agreed. With that said, who caused Jenkins' issue? Who created it by opening a closed use of force case? Just keeping this issue current shows the pattern the Sheriff began with Szabo... During a shortage of LEO this rogue Sheriff fires good cops and promotes less than good. Stay on subject, because the Jenkins subject will expose the bottom line. That is that the Sheriff made these bad decisions on his own...
    Jenkins is the person, the victim.
    Chitwood caused the problem and fixed it his way.

Unregistered
    Agreed. With that said, who caused Jenkins' issue? Who created it by opening a closed use of force case? Just keeping this issue current shows the pattern the Sheriff began with Szabo... During a shortage of LEO this rogue Sheriff fires good cops and promotes less than good. Stay on subject, because the Jenkins subject will expose the bottom line. That is that the Sheriff made these bad decisions on his own...
    Jenkins is the person, the victim.
    Chitwood caused the problem and fixed it his way.
    I attended the Union meeting in 2016 when there was the candidates for sheriff present and gave their speeches. I remember that Brannon was the overwhelming choice of the Union. I remember none of the candidates spoke ill of each other.

But I also remember Chitwood was playing politics and had not announced his candidacy....there was some captain from DBPD (who would later drop out).

Point being...we need somebody to announce and let the public know the truth about Chitwood. It would not be speaking ill...just presenting the truth and facts.

Unregistered
    That would be nice. I see Brody growing hair before that happens ; )~ I agree about Jenkins too.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast