Collective Bargaining

Unregistered

Collective Bargaining

I'll preface this by saying this may have already been asked/answered. If so, I apologize.

Do the Hillsborough SO Deputies, Sergeants and Lieutenants have Collective Bargaining as some of the other Florida Sheriff's Offices have?

Also, is pay for experienced LEO's adjusted, or does everyone start at the same starting pay?

Unregistered
    There is no Collective Bargaining here. We have absolutely no voice or say in anything. In fact, we are punished for it by denying our transfer or promotion requests.

Experience means nothing here. Especially experience or mastery within the agency.
    Only recently have they started accepting Pre certified applicants only due to the staffing shortage crisis. Pre certs have always been seen as a bad thing. Because they question our stupid methods and policies and that makes our beloved “best of the best of the best” training department butt hurt.

Even if your supervisor ever did notice your experience and decide to push you along in your career, they would be transfered out in about six months and you would have to start all over and over and over. See, some time ago some dumb ass decided to start a trend to keep transferring supervisors around once a year to further destroy moral. I truly belive Docobo hated comradary and he felt threatened by squads with supervisors that grew close to their troops and stood up for them so they keep them moving around.

Move it along. Go to TPD or the feds. There is no respect here. We are disposable pawns.

Unregistered
    Do NOT work for this agency!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do NOT work for this agency!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!
    Don't listen to these disgruntled idiots. They complain about being short staffed and in the same breath tell people not to work here. Keep shooting yourself in the foot, losers.

This is a great agency, come see for yourself. Don't listen to the same 2 misfits who complain on this site. They got passed over for promotions because their work ethic and attitude is horrendous. Now they cry on this site while the rest of us advance our careers and leave them in the dust.

Unregistered
    Don't listen to these disgruntled idiots. They complain about being short staffed and in the same breath tell people not to work here. Keep shooting yourself in the foot, losers.

This is a great agency, come see for yourself. Don't listen to the same 2 misfits who complain on this site. They got passed over for promotions because their work ethic and attitude is horrendous. Now they cry on this site while the rest of us advance our careers and leave them in the dust.

From an often promoted Deputy, "DO NOT COME TO WORK HERE!"

Unregistered
    I retired as a supervisor and I advise you to avoid the place like the plague.

Unregistered

Two huh? Nice try.

Unregistered
    Never Gonna Happen again

Unregistered
    Are you listening yet Sheriff Chad??