Tampa Pd scholarship hiring process
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Tampa Pd scholarship hiring process

How long is tpd scholarship hiring process? How far during the process will you get an offer? What are odds of getting selected?

Unregistered
    Not to sound like a **** here but the process depends on what class and when you apply. If you're going for the fall class you hear something around a month or two before it's supposed to start. As for what part of the process do you get an offer? Obviously, its at the end of the hiring process.

And as for your chances it all depends. If you have no skills, job experience, or anything special to offer it's going to be low.

Unregistered
    If your a minority the chances are good. If your white chances are about 2%

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your a minority the chances are good. If your white chances are about 2%
    Unless your dad is a Chief, or your Dad is a well liked Vice cop. I wonder how those fine young men are doing and how their careers are progressing.

Unregistered
    I’m in the process as well, still a waiting game. I have no idea when we’ll be doing the PAT exam. Pretty much just going with the flow.

Unregistered
    Trying to put together a time frame for the process. Did you get selected in January? Also how long did it take for TPD to contact you?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Trying to put together a time frame for the process. Did you get selected in January? Also how long did it take for TPD to contact you?
    8-9 months before you know you're starting. The sponsorship normally has a ton of applicants and is very competitive.

Unregistered
    Thanks, do you happen to know what applicant qualifications they end up going with? As far as education its at least an AS I know. But I did a ride along with an officer who went through it and she had a BS. Is that typical? I keep hearing you've got to be a minority. Does it really matter or is that just BS? Thanks, I'm looking to apply Jan 2020 when I finish up my AS.

Unregistered
    You might just want to put yourself through the academy. It gives you a ton of college credits towards your degree. It's much easier to get a job after you are certified then getting the sponsorship

Unregistered
    The scholarship program is for minorities. Nobody is going to publicly acknowledge that but it's the truth. Don't hold your breath applying if you're a white guy because you'll just be wasting your time. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's reality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast