New Monitors

Thread: New Monitors

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

New Monitors

Greetings,

I just wanted to let you know that your agency has appointed 5 new Monitors for your agency's message board. These Monitors are similar to Moderators, but they are also different. They are different in that:

They are not anonymous.

Their deletions are subject to review by moderators and administrators prior to becoming permanent. If any of them abuse the delete button they will be removed.

They are appointed by your department instead of me.

Their usernames consist of the word Monitor followed by an underscore then their first and last initial and a number. In this case all 5 have the number 1 after it. I use their initials so that you can identify them.

Now, just like moderators, monitors CANNOT view IP addresses. At this time, I am the only one who has access to IP addresses and accesses them.

Please do not be alarmed that the Monitors on your board consist of your command staff. They have no way of identifying any of you. Hell, I can't even identify you, even with an IP address. So please do not let that concern you. To identify you one would need the IP address and access to the service provider's records of who had that IP address on that specific date and time. Good luck on getting that from a service provider without a court order. Even better luck getting an IP address from me even with a court order. We have court ruling from the 2nd DCA where it ruled without opinion that we did not have to release IP addresses to a sheriff's office even with them having subpoenas for them.

Okay, fire away with your comments and questions. I know you have them.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered

Help.

Hey, Mod 1. It appears the people in charge of our threads are erasing a lot of posts that are not violating the rules of the website. Some of my posts that go for review and are approved have been deleted. Please step in and fix this.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey, Mod 1. It appears the people in charge of our threads are erasing a lot of posts that are not violating the rules of the website. Some of my posts that go for review and are approved have been deleted. Please step in and fix this.

Mod 1, yesterday, 04/13/2020, someone named a Major, who is a moderator on this site "CHubbert" in a post and he erased it. It did not violate your sites rules. Please step in and stop this BS oversight.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Sorry, just saw this one. When they go for review, there are so many in there, that I don't review them for content, I just make sure they are not spam and then approve them. If I reviewed them further than that, I would not have time for anything else.

I will be reviewing more deletions on this board over the next several days.

Mod 1, yesterday, 04/13/2020, someone named a Major, who is a moderator on this site "CHubbert" in a post and he erased it. It did not violate your sites rules. Please step in and stop this BS oversight.
    Calling someone that would be a violation of the Terms of Use. You do not refer to anyone's appearances in a derogatory manner. It was rightfully deleted.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.