How long is the process for a certified Officer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Happiness and Morale are all terms of perspective. There are some people who love it here. There are some that leave after a few years. You are encouraged to do your job at this department and as long as you do it with respect, you’ll be fine.
    True, but "your job" consists of pleasing the tribal council, not doing actual law enforcement.

Also, not FRS. They have a 401K. I'm telling you...do not come here unless you can not get a job anywhere else. The police job, in general, will never love you back, but this is especially true at Miccosukee. They will jam you up and they will taint your record making it impossible to get hired elsewhere.

Unregistered
    True, but "your job" consists of pleasing the tribal council, not doing actual law enforcement.

Also, not FRS. They have a 401K. I'm telling you...do not come here unless you can not get a job anywhere else. The police job, in general, will never love you back, but this is especially true at Miccosukee. They will jam you up and they will taint your record making it impossible to get hired elsewhere.
    If you do little to no police work how do you get in a jam? Don't pull over the tribe leaders and that's it

Unregistered
    If you do little to no police work how do you get in a jam? Don't pull over the tribe leaders and that's it
    Ever heard of calls-for-service? You can have a great day sitting undernearth a tree and be doing nothing, and then get called to the scene of a crime and have to arrest one of the Tribe folks. Then they'll piss and moan about their arrest and tada: you're fired!

Unregistered
    It's not just the tribal council you need to be wary of, it's anyone and everyone connected to them. They will go to their tribal connection and complain. Even if they don't, they will hear about it one way or another and you face the possibility of getting jammed up. I understand you're asking questions because you're hopeful and looking to get into LE. Listen to me. I am the voice of reason. Do not come here unless you absolutely can not get hired anywhere else. This place is for people with questionable backgrounds who can't get picked up anywhere else or for people who have been fired or left other LE jobs under less than favorable conditions.

Unregistered
    Ever heard of calls-for-service? You can have a great day sitting undernearth a tree and be doing nothing, and then get called to the scene of a crime and have to arrest one of the Tribe folks. Then they'll piss and moan about their arrest and tada: you're fired!
    How long ago did you work for this Department? I'm not defending Miccosukee, it has its fair share of issues but the stigma of getting fired for arresting tribal is no longer the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12