Chief of police not following the rules???

Unregistered

Chief of police not following the rules???

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/loc...EtCaHVKWnF2Smo.

So chief, you have the discretion to pick and choose what laws to follow because let me guess, you’re the chief? Because you “disagree” with the law but really it’s the politically correct answer to keep your job. You’re a sorry as* individual to be filling that position as a chief and this is coming from another active South Florida LEO.

What example are you setting for your officers? You would crucify any of your officers for not enforcing any laws that they deem “unfit” to their morals. There are laws that I don’t agree with BUT as the standard civilian says, “you (we) signed up for the job knowing the good and bad that it comes with, no one ever forced us to take this position”. Our job is to enforce any laws that are passed and I guarantee that YOU WILL honor any federal detainer request or YOU WILL be out of a job.

Lead by example or get out of office.

P.S: I know you forgot what police work is all about but I strongly urge you to review the supremacy clause.

Unregistered
    Who cares. We makes less arrest and less work for the same money. Who cares

Unregistered
    “Miami’s police chief pushed back Friday against an anti-sanctuary state bill that would ‘require;’ meaning by force of Florida Statute, Florida’s law enforcement agencies [must] cooperate with federal immigration officials.” Jorge, let’s go back to basics and explore the term: “nonfeasance;” that is the failure to act when a duty to act existed. That means, get your departure papers ready, for the proposed law will pass and you will be compelled to enforce it or be fired. It will be that simple! MPD, are you ready for another “National Search?” Jorge is talking out of his azz!

Unregistered
    The chief has gone rogue