Spring break it's ABT`S Red Headed Stepchild - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Ill believe it when I see it!

Goons
    face reality that it’s no longer a necessity to have platoons of kiddy chasers trolling the beach for beer but ignoring the other crimes your glory days are over

Unregistered
    They won’t come out and put it in writing but alls they want is surveys and possession. Nothing more.

Unregistered

Dream Crusher

You won't hear this from your Lt or CPT because they don't know anything about it but take a gander at 20.165, F.S.
    If your attention span is short, it states in statute that your primary responsibility is the enforcement of the beverage law. Don't bother to lecture me on the catch all 561.29, either.

Unregistered
    Us panhandle folk get a kick out of you southern folk. Primarily Tampa and fort Myers. You guys get so angry and passionate about your pee pee pills and gambling machines. Haven’t y’all realized your the only ones doing it????? All that paperwork time and effort when you can relax driving around the beach looking for underage or patrolling the local Home Depot parking lot. All pays the same and tally is happier with our stats then your little warrants that all go to pre-trial.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You won't hear this from your Lt or CPT because they don't know anything about it but take a gander at 20.165, F.S.
    If your attention span is short, it states in statute that your primary responsibility is the enforcement of the beverage law. Don't bother to lecture me on the catch all 561.29, either.
    worth repeating

Unregistered
    You must have one of capts or lt's that didn't come up through the ranks. My LT and Capt are well versed in 20.165 and what our primary/secondary responsibilities are. They have even gotten into to trouble with current and past regimes when they bring it up. TC didn't get it. TB and FF don't get it. The current director/dep dir get it and are slowly making the non-believers get it. Or they will get gone!

Unregistered
    Why won’t the director or dd just come out and say it then. Why don’t they issue a directive on the proper way to document and oss on gambling and whatever else to another agency. Wouldn’t that be the most reasonable thing to do?

Unregistered

Smile

Why won’t the director or dd just come out and say it then. Why don’t they issue a directive on the proper way to document and pass on gambling and whatever else to another agency. Wouldn’t that be the most reasonable thing to do?
    Let's peel back the layers of that onion. The poster that mentioned about supervisors not coming up through the ranks is most correct. A irreversible amount of damage has been done to the overall structure, health and life of ABT by allowing supervisors to practice their skills without having been agents. NOBODY in their right mind would believe a retired transplant from oh, let's say Michigan or Denver can provide anything useful to the benefit of the agency. The record speaks for itself. The other issue is NOBODY wants to have to explain what the law is to those that enforce the law. Another issue is NOBODY at the uppermost level stays here long enough to care. They drop in build a resume then move on figuring hey, it's not my problem. State government is a political armpit and no matter how much deodorant you rub on this place, it still stinks. The bottom line? Who wants to have their name on a directive that says ENFORCE THE BEVERAGE LAW? If you did such a thing what would become of the Relevancy Report, aka Chronicles? People would lose their minds if they couldn't read the comic book exploits!

Unregistered
    If you did such a thing what would become of the Relevancy Report, aka Chronicles? People would lose their minds if they couldn't read the comic book exploits!
    You would be surprised how many people don't even look at that comic book. I don't. Sorry boys and girls but at this stage in the game I worry about my own back yard. Could care less if my counterparts in Ft Myers are dropping the hammer on another Legion Post. Or Tampa cured all the ills of **** dope! Or if some former street level drug dealer from south FL begged a bartender for a dime bag of oregano.The Chronicles and that stupid now monthly circle jerk known as "the conference call" are both exercises in futility.

I said it before and I'll say it again... work your complaints, work your surveys, work your underage, and take care of each other. Do that and you will have a long prosperous career here. Do too much or too little and that's when you get into trouble!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast