Gps fyi

Thread: Gps fyi

Unregistered

Gps fyi

GPS FYI:

My friend owns a trucking company and all the vehicles are equipped with GPS tracking systems. The company GPS equipped vehicles can be tracked and controlled in the following ways.
    1. GPS equipped vehicles are programmed to provide management with a constant location of the vehicles.
    2. Immediately report to management vehicles out of normal bounds.
    3. Immediately report to management speed in excess of the posted limit.
    4. Immediately report stop sign and other traffic violations.
    5. Report time not moving and review by computer and management.
    6. Use of cell phone while moving when hands free is not being used.
    7. Immediately report to management that the GPS is not working or has been tampered with.

In private industry GPS tracking is not subject to public access.

However, in Florida we have a very liberal public disclosure laws.

So let’s think about the following:

1. Can citizens demand Internet access to GPS information on GPS equipped police cars?
    2. Is access in real time or delayed?
    4. Will GPS equipped police car’s information have to be stored and for how long?
    5. Can a spouse in a divorce case demand location info?
    6. Take home cars are allowed to travel from your home to the City. What is out of bounds?
    7. Using cars to go to court on days off can be verified with signing in, etc.
    8. Parked (ZZZZZZ) and not moving on duty can be tracked for review.

GPS tracking is just an enhancement of what your cell phones do 24/7. However, cell phones do not track for management unless there is an investigation.
    GPS is a positive management tool to control your vehicle movements and set up parameters that will allow review for possible training or discipline.

Suggestions: Make sure the installation of GPS is for everyone. Line Officers up to Staff and Chief. Then work on a special City wide ordinance to mandate GPS for ALL City officials, including Commissioners. Then I guarantee there will be NO GPS in any City vehicles. Also get the cost for cloud storage. Could be the deal killer?

Glad I’m nearing the end of my career and wish all of you good luck in making the changes necessary to survive “Big Brother” keeping a watch on you.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS FYI:

My friend owns a trucking company and all the vehicles are equipped with GPS tracking systems. The company GPS equipped vehicles can be tracked and controlled in the following ways.
    1. GPS equipped vehicles are programmed to provide management with a constant location of the vehicles.
    2. Immediately report to management vehicles out of normal bounds.
    3. Immediately report to management speed in excess of the posted limit.
    4. Immediately report stop sign and other traffic violations.
    5. Report time not moving and review by computer and management.
    6. Use of cell phone while moving when hands free is not being used.
    7. Immediately report to management that the GPS is not working or has been tampered with.

In private industry GPS tracking is not subject to public access.

However, in Florida we have a very liberal public disclosure laws.

So let’s think about the following:

1. Can citizens demand Internet access to GPS information on GPS equipped police cars?
    2. Is access in real time or delayed?
    4. Will GPS equipped police car’s information have to be stored and for how long?
    5. Can a spouse in a divorce case demand location info?
    6. Take home cars are allowed to travel from your home to the City. What is out of bounds?
    7. Using cars to go to court on days off can be verified with signing in, etc.
    8. Parked (ZZZZZZ) and not moving on duty can be tracked for review.

GPS tracking is just an enhancement of what your cell phones do 24/7. However, cell phones do not track for management unless there is an investigation.
    GPS is a positive management tool to control your vehicle movements and set up parameters that will allow review for possible training or discipline.

Suggestions: Make sure the installation of GPS is for everyone. Line Officers up to Staff and Chief. Then work on a special City wide ordinance to mandate GPS for ALL City officials, including Commissioners. Then I guarantee there will be NO GPS in any City vehicles. Also get the cost for cloud storage. Could be the deal killer?

Glad I’m nearing the end of my career and wish all of you good luck in making the changes necessary to survive “Big Brother” keeping a watch on you.
    As a resident and citizen in the city of Miami, I think that the GPS on police cars is a wonderful idea. I applaud the city leaders for mandating that this be installed. It is bad enough that we as citizens have to pay for these cars to be taken to the far reaches of Broward county on gas that city residents pay for. It is about time that the police had some accountability in their whereabouts while working.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a resident and citizen in the city of Miami, I think that the GPS on police cars is a wonderful idea. I applaud the city leaders for mandating that this be installed. It is bad enough that we as citizens have to pay for these cars to be taken to the far reaches of Broward county on gas that city residents pay for. It is about time that the police had some accountability in their whereabouts while working.
    Thank you Mr citizen, I'm glad you feel that way, I personally feel that you are misinformed and full of hate, I'm not here to educated you in the fact that the take home cars we pay for with our salary as far as I care they Could keep the cars and let me have my money back, when you call the police I will get there when I get there ,I will follow all traffic laws and will drive very slow to get to you as you requested then I will do the report and give you the case card in the hospital bed . Guys learned for once , drive slow , take your time getting to calls ,f this place is not worth it just do the report.