SWAT and PIO Flop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

SWAT and PIO Flop

Man found dead from self-inflicted gunshot wound in unincorporated St Pete. Hmm. They make it sound like this was a violent domestic followed by some heroic evacuations and then hours later BANG!!!! I don’t think so. I think it was a typical domestic. The female said she got beat up. The male said Eat Me and went back inside. Then they heard a bang. Then like 7 hours later our heroic SWAT team drove a robot into the house to find a dead guy. 7 HOURS. 7!!!! He could have died from a shaving cut in that time. What a crack SWAT Team that takes that long to do anything. Why does SWAT have ballistic vests with rifle plates anyway? They’re treated like little kids. Then again. 7 hours would have been plenty of time for the bad guy to fortify his position, load and position more guns and mount a fantastic offensive if he wanted. All that Ace SWAT experience is just shining through. I’m glad a dumb robot could replace a recon team with a camera pole. WTF man. That’s embarrassing. And the press release was wrong as usual. But hey. SWAT! SWAT! SWAT! Go!!!!!! Give them two banquets in 2020!!! Such great operators!! Real World Action SWAT Callouts - Still a Big Fat Zero!!!!!

Unregistered

Bad info

It was 2 on duty SWAT guys and 3 TRT members for your info.

Unregistered
    And a lieutenant, a captain, a major and an Ass Chief. Doesn’t sound like a simple patrol call to me. So because it was two SWAT guys and three ROBOT guys that wasn’t a SWAT Op? And it didn’t take 7 hours to figure out a guy shot himself dead?

Unregistered
    Waiting 7 hours is ridiculous had to have cap/major and chief come out to make call to go in

No other dept would do that

Unregistered
    Micromanagement at its very worst. Terrible leadership at this place. They don’t trust anyone. Can’t have good decisions made at an agency that is a top down system. And that’s what this place is. Ass Chief Jowell is the poster child for that leadership style. This place loves pussies.

Unregistered
    Hmmm...which disgruntled member is the OP...who got snubbed when JB got the gig? Hmmm indeed.

Unregistered
    Don't fret guys...Sean Jowell showed up and made the tough call. We were all very impressed (yawn). The second guessing and Monday morning quarterbacking nowadays is beyond ridiculous. Anybody here remember when Sergeants were allowed to make decisions? The Mohrman, Fairchild, Ferdon days are long gone. I'd say watch your back, but that goes without saying, and watch each other - but there is so much back stabbing and personal attacks of Deputies being "beta-boys"(?) it make you want to puke.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't fret guys...Sean Jowell showed up and made the tough call. We were all very impressed (yawn). The second guessing and Monday morning quarterbacking nowadays is beyond ridiculous. Anybody here remember when Sergeants were allowed to make decisions? The Mohrman, Fairchild, Ferdon days are long gone. I'd say watch your back, but that goes without saying, and watch each other - but there is so much back stabbing and personal attacks of Deputies being "beta-boys"(?) it make you want to puke.
    You are so right. Everyone is scared of their own shadow and afraid to make a decision. They should have called Bob on the scene and let him decide. That's the secret to working in a micromanaged environment - push any risky decision to the higher ups. Let them figure it out while you stay out of it. This way if it goes sour it's on them.

Unregistered
    Almost the exact same thing happened a few weeks ago. SWAT called out, everyone stood around for hours, they sent a robot in, and he was dead upstairs after countless hours of people standing around. It’s just such a joke anymore. Nobody can do their job without command pulling the strings.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hmmm...which disgruntled member is the OP...who got snubbed when JB got the gig? Hmmm indeed.
    Ha Hahahahaha. Oh my God!!! No one picked on poor little JB or his Snow White wife. Imagine a black light in her bed a few years ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast