.45 to 9mm
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .45 to 9mm

Unregistered

.45 to 9mm

Could you guys see it happening? Or maybe to .40? Seems every other agency is switching to Sigs.

Unregistered
    The FBI, Seal 6, and Rangers switched to 9 mm so it's coming here too. All the office beta boys who went to the FBI course and SWAT who think they are Seal 6 will be pushing for the switch to 9 mm. Then the whiners who can't handle the .45's recoil and those with small hands who complaint about the G21's fat grip, etc. etc.

Unregistered
    9mm’s would make way more sense than .45’s. With today’s bullet technology there is little difference in ballistics. And with that I’d rather have a gun with 15 - 17 in a magazine in a gun that fits my hand. It was stupid when we switched to the Glock 21. A bunch of SWAT pukes shot them and low and behold Glock 21’s it was. Funny thing is we never had issues with Gold Dot 9mm’s knockouts g people down. They worked great. But someone had pennies envy or had to overcompensate and whammy, we got Glock 21’s.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    9mm’s would make way more sense than .45’s. With today’s bullet technology there is little difference in ballistics. And with that I’d rather have a gun with 15 - 17 in a magazine in a gun that fits my hand. It was stupid when we switched to the Glock 21. A bunch of SWAT pukes shot them and low and behold Glock 21’s it was. Funny thing is we never had issues with Gold Dot 9mm’s knockouts g people down. They worked great. But someone had pennies envy or had to overcompensate and whammy, we got Glock 21’s.
    SWAT and some of the old geysers who were in the army back in the 70s when they used 45s. They got nostalgic for the army days, they were pissed when we got the Baretta 92 in 9mm so they picked the Clock 21 as the duty gun for revenge. The sheriff went along with them and here we are today while other agencies have moved on into the modern era with the 9mm.

Unregistered
    How do you not have spellcheck in 2019?

Unregistered
    Years ago, I started out with a Glock 21 (.45 cal) (We had to purchase our own) at Hillsborough County SO. We were later issued Glock 22's (.40 cal)(Which we moaned about at first, then most of us liked the gun). We then were issued FNS FN9's (9mm) , and 99% of us hate them. Our new Sheriff is getting us Glock 45's (9mm), which we are happy about, just to get away from the FNS. I've got a pretty good sized paw, so I would be happy to go back to my old Glock 21, but that's just me.

Unregistered
    Years ago, I started out with a Glock 21 (.45 cal) (We had to purchase our own) at Hillsborough County SO. We were later issued Glock 22's (.40 cal)(Which we moaned about at first, then most of us liked the gun). We then were issued FNS FN9's (9mm) , and 99% of us hate them. Our new Sheriff is getting us Glock 45's (9mm), which we are happy about, just to get away from the FNS. I've got a pretty good sized paw, so I would be happy to go back to my old Glock 21, but that's just me.
    If the law fits the 21 is a beast. No other brand holds 13 rounds of ACP. But many people with smaller hands can’t deal with the grip of the 21. There was some reprieve with the 21 SF and the Gen 4. But they are still big. I remember when Trainings brain children issued a 30 instead. Same size morons, just shorter. We could have gone to the 45 GAP, those frames are the same as the 17 and 19. But nooooooooo. Not us. Best thing we could do is go back to 9’s. Glock 17 rules them all. But that Glock 45 your getting is pretty badass too. 19 slide on a 17 frame.

Unregistered
    If the law fits the 21 is a beast. No other brand holds 13 rounds of ACP. But many people with smaller hands can’t deal with the grip of the 21. There was some reprieve with the 21 SF and the Gen 4. But they are still big. I remember when Trainings brain children issued a 30 instead. Same size morons, just shorter. We could have gone to the 45 GAP, those frames are the same as the 17 and 19. But nooooooooo. Not us. Best thing we could do is go back to 9’s. Glock 17 rules them all. But that Glock 45 your getting is pretty badass too. 19 slide on a 17 frame.

45 GAP?! Nobody uses it because it is an solution in search of a problem. The 40 killed it. More power, same size frame. It's going the way of the 41 AE, which is dead and obsolete.

Unregistered
    45 GAP?! Nobody uses it because it is an solution in search of a problem. The 40 killed it. More power, same size frame. It's going the way of the 41 AE, which is dead and obsolete.
    40’s kill it you say? How many agencies got away from .40 cal because they blew out barrels and overlenetrated? How many contemporary agencies use 40’s? Not many. They’re garbage. 9’a rule, followed by 45’s. I supposed you think 10mm’s and .357 Sigs are great too.

Unregistered
    40’s kill it you say? How many agencies got away from .40 cal because they blew out barrels and overlenetrated? How many contemporary agencies use 40’s? Not many. They’re garbage. 9’a rule, followed by 45’s. I supposed you think 10mm’s and .357 Sigs are great too.
    The 40 is as good as dead. It wears out the guns and most cops can't handle the recoil and blast.

357 Sig is dead as well, same problems as the 40.

The few agencies who still use these rounds will be switching to the 9 mm shortly. It's just common sense based on its many advantages.

The 10 mm is not a LEO round, it is a hunting round. It has gained some popularity in Alaska for bear defense.

I expect we will be switching to the 9 mm in less than 2 years and retire the dinosaur 45s.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast