Who trains VCSO deputies?

Unregistered

Who trains VCSO deputies?

On 3/18/19 at approximately 2pm in Orange City a VCSO patrol deputy encountered two youths shooting across the roadway. One of the youths quickly took the 22 rifle inside the garage to hide it. The (black, mid 20's) deputy asked to see the bb gun. Apparently the boys told the deputy that it was an air rifle or bb gun. The rifle was retrieved and showed to the deputy. The deputy's response was that he did not need to handle the weapon as he could tell it was a bb gun. It was not a bb gun! No action was taken and there was not a call in reference to this. Surely a records search will show this concern to be true if the deputy followed policy and activated his BWC, or in some way documented the contact with the boys.

I do not wish to bring problems or trouble for this deputy who needs to be properly trained. I would feel better that he be retrained or trained properly on weapons and correctly identifying. I do not particularly like firearms, however I can decipher the difference of a firearm and an air rifle. My issue with this is the shooting across a roadway and the lack of training being done to teach deputies.

The quality and efficiency of VCSO deputies has suffered greatly due to inadequate or nonexistent weapons training. I would expect that every deputy employed by VCSO be able to identify actual firearms.

Weapons Instructor Post, you need to do a better job of training newbies on weapons and ages and requirements to possess such firearms.

Sincerely,
    Concerned parent

Unregistered
    Your concerns can be blamed on the current Sheriff. Sheriff Chitwood has ran all the good deputies out of the agency. It's highly known in the law enforcement community to stay away from VCSO because no one wants to risk working for the Sheriff. As a result, the agency is left scrapping the bottom of the barrel and hiring the rejects from surrounding counties.

Unregistered
    The article about Bowen's boyfriend being arrested for carrying the pink badge made me wonder something. When Chitwood and Bainbridge are out on a movie date who carries the pink badge?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The article about Bowen's boyfriend being arrested for carrying the pink badge made me wonder something. When Chitwood and Bainbridge are out on a movie date who carries the pink badge?
    What movie? I think it is something …..back Mountain.

Unregistered
    What movie? I think it is something …..back Mountain.
    No surprise. We have all seen the photo of Chitwood on facebook on the "ABC 2020" site.

Unregistered
    Bravo! You win today, that was hilarious