Phyiscal requirements mean more pay

Unregistered

Phyiscal requirements mean more pay

There is a rumor that the powers to be are floating around a idea for the next session and want to tie in raises with fit for duties requirement and will have it all imprint by next session . The draft has some of the same requirements as Polk county Sheriffs office . I am unsure I could do all of the requirements but I could do most of them . If I am hearing right we will have one year from the date the legislators agree to the added qualifications of officers . Appartently they will be having separate set of items for PO and CO. So the question is do you think there should be a physical requirement for all certified officers and supervisors ? In your office how many folks could pass? Since this is only a bonus per say they will be able to get away with it as no one is getting terminated only rewarded .

Unregistered
    I think you are making this up. Sounds like a good story but I know its completely bogus.

Unregistered
    No such truth. Let's move on.

Unregistered
    We should do this

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a rumor that the powers to be are floating around a idea for the next session and want to tie in raises with fit for duties requirement and will have it all imprint by next session . The draft has some of the same requirements as Polk county Sheriffs office . I am unsure I could do all of the requirements but I could do most of them . If I am hearing right we will have one year from the date the legislators agree to the added qualifications of officers . Appartently they will be having separate set of items for PO and CO. So the question is do you think there should be a physical requirement for all certified officers and supervisors ? In your office how many folks could pass? Since this is only a bonus per say they will be able to get away with it as no one is getting terminated only rewarded .
    You can't hire enough people now and you expect them to raise standards? The current Trump economy is booming but when there is an eventual economic downturn this job will be sought out again, you can do that but now the only hiring standard is if the applicant can recite his/her ABC's and is breathing.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can't hire enough people now and you expect them to raise standards? The current Trump economy is booming but when there is an eventual economic downturn this job will be sought out again, you can do that but now the only hiring standard is if the applicant can recite his/her ABC's and is breathing.
    Really hard to hire people with the pay so low that one can work at Wal-Mart for that amount.

Unregistered
    It will never happen. If anything the hiring standards will be watered down to get more suckers...I mean more applicants in.