Hello question

Thread: Hello question

Unregistered

Hello question

Application process
    Hi so im in the process of applying for a department. Im currently in the army reserves and have an associates degree. 2 years ago I was arrested because I was hanging around with some friends that where smoking pot unfortunately they had put a grinder in my bag and I got charged with 0.1 grams of marijuana. The case was nolle prosequi which means I was never convicted of the case, I didnt even go to jail I got released on site with a paper to show up to court. My question is what are my chances of getting hired and do I have to put that yes to if I have ever been convicted when I haven’t.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Application process
    Hi so im in the process of applying for a department. Im currently in the army reserves and have an associates degree. 2 years ago I was arrested because I was hanging around with some friends that where smoking pot unfortunately they had put a grinder in my bag and I got charged with 0.1 grams of marijuana. The case was nolle prosequi which means I was never convicted of the case, I didnt even go to jail I got released on site with a paper to show up to court. My question is what are my chances of getting hired and do I have to put that yes to if I have ever been convicted when I haven’t.
    Just a few points to consider:
    Nolle Prosequi doesn't mean you weren't convicted. It means the State Attorney didn't pursue prosecution. You were issued a Notice To Appear which means you promised to appear in Court to answer to the charge. Make no mistake - you were arrested but not convicted. Two completely different things. I would be up front about it, take the time to supply documentation and show you are an honest person. Your chances of being hired are not real good because there will be many applicants that will apply that don't have the issue of a previous arrest.

Unregistered
    You should be ok....I mean the SAS over Internal Affairs admitted to smoking pot as a civilian with FDLE and was made an SAT. OR....You can lie and hide it like so many others such as a female S/A in Tampa...Good luck!

Unregistered
    Application process
    You can be a pot smoker, liar, have questions about your integrity, it's all good as long as you have a connection with someone like Foy.

Unregistered
    You can be a pot smoker, liar, have questions about your integrity, it's all good as long as you have a connection with someone like Foy.
    You can even be he head of a division (Mark Brutnell) and married to an embezzler of over $750,000 from the Saint Johns S.O. (Raye Bruntell). So don't be worried about getting hired and there's obviously job security here, no questions asked!

Unregistered
    You can even be he head of a division (Mark Brutnell) and married to an embezzler of over $750,000 from the Saint Johns S.O. (Raye Bruntell). So don't be worried about getting hired and there's obviously job security here, no questions asked!
    WHOA! Slam on the breaks sir.....HE DID NOT KNOW! I mean its on 12K more a MONTH for 5 years! New T*TS dear? New Face lift? boat repairs? Vacations. Maybe the FBI academy taught Mark how to have his head up his ASSSSSS! He did have MP (TROC) as his MENTOR!

Unregistered
    It's very fitting that someone like Brutnell is one of the leading positions at FDLE. Every time he shows up to something representing Law Enforcement action, there has to be just a cloud of stink.

Unregistered
    Just a few points to consider:
    Nolle Prosequi doesn't mean you weren't convicted. It means the State Attorney didn't pursue prosecution. You were issued a Notice To Appear which means you promised to appear in Court to answer to the charge. Make no mistake - you were arrested but not convicted. Two completely different things. I would be up front about it, take the time to supply documentation and show you are an honest person. Your chances of being hired are not real good because there will be many applicants that will apply that don't have the issue of a previous arrest.
    Blah, blah, blah, he wasn't convicted, why did you have to try to even go there?