Off Duty Rates and minimum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Off Duty Rates and minimum

How much is your Off Duty rates and if there’s a minimum of hours.

Unregistered
    Almost all jobs are 50-75/Hr
    4 hour minimum even if you’re only there for 10 minutes.

Unregistered
    In my area (Tallahassee) I get $95 plus travel. Minimum is always 8 hours.

I rarely work it since I make so much on salary... $43,000 a year Trooper salary and I live within my means (mobile home, and a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix). Get in over your head like most Troopers and you’ll work your life away.. That is till you have a heart attack responding to a crash.

Unregistered
    It's pretty sad that the middle class has to work over time, 2 or 3 jobs plus that of the spouse's career to live at the same standard of living we had in the early 70's. with a head of the household working 40-45 hours a week.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In my area (Tallahassee) I get $95 plus travel. Minimum is always 8 hours.

I rarely work it since I make so much on salary... $43,000 a year Trooper salary and I live within my means (mobile home, and a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix). Get in over your head like most Troopers and you’ll work your life away.. That is till you have a heart attack responding to a crash.
    Is it common for a Trooper coming out of the academy to be in the Tallahassee area if they are locally from that area? I am in the process of applying and I was curious about that.

Unregistered
    About 3 weeks ago I received the conditional offer of employment. I’m 19, going to turn 20 in June. I have a clean back ground. I’ve never been arrested. I’ve been suspended from school once. I have a little over 20 college credits. I’m in good shape. My only issue is that I was terminated from 5 different places. None of these places were I fired from for stealing, lying or fighting. All of these bosses loved me and I was and still am very respectful. I have had about 4 traffic infractions, they were all reduced to parking tickets or less. I haven’t used marijuana a since my sophomore year (about 2014) I drank 2x in my life and they were both with my fathers permission. What are my chances of being hired by FHP?
    Anything will help. Thanks !

Unregistered
    Is it common for a Trooper coming out of the academy to be in the Tallahassee area if they are locally from that area? I am in the process of applying and I was curious about that.
    Back then, you were more likely be sent to Miami, Orlando, and Southwest Florida. It's changed now. FHP desperately needs troopers on the highways and the two-year contract they implemented years ago hasn't people from using FHP as a free ride for paid training and certification then going to a high paying police departments and sheriff's offices.

https://www.wuwf.org/post/fhp-recrui...-need-troopers

"To ensure that the neediest areas like these fill their positions first, FHP is shifting away from its practice of general assignment statewide toward an emphasis on recruiting, hiring and - when possible – allowing new troopers to work in their local area."

Unregistered
    Back then, you were more likely be sent to Miami, Orlando, and Southwest Florida. It's changed now. FHP desperately needs troopers on the highways and the two-year contract they implemented years ago hasn't people from using FHP as a free ride for paid training and certification then going to a high paying police departments and sheriff's offices.

https://www.wuwf.org/post/fhp-recrui...-need-troopers

"To ensure that the neediest areas like these fill their positions first, FHP is shifting away from its practice of general assignment statewide toward an emphasis on recruiting, hiring and - when possible – allowing new troopers to work in their local area."
    Thank you very much for the information!!! This is very helpful. Personally if I do have to leave my home area I would prefer Ocala, Orlando or Ft.Lauderdale. Minus Ocala I have friends and family in those areas.

Unregistered
    Thank you very much for the information!!! This is very helpful. Personally if I do have to leave my home area I would prefer Ocala, Orlando or Ft.Lauderdale. Minus Ocala I have friends and family in those areas.
    Sir,
    In my many years on the patrol that I have been involved with recruiting, I don't think that I have ever seen such a committed individual, so eager to become a Florida trooper. I have kept up with your posts and I believe that your dedication and your commitment to your future career with the Patrol are exactly what we are looking for. Could you please provide your name so that we can expedite your application to the top?
    Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Unregistered
    Some jobs in south Florida are paying $100 an hour plus travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast