Sro 10-40
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sro 10-40

Unregistered

Sro 10-40

Why am I expected to have my lunch break on campus. I have been told a road deputy should not cover my school so I can get lunch. What are other districts doing for SRO 10-40?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why am I expected to have my lunch break on campus. I have been told a road deputy should not cover my school so I can get lunch. What are other districts doing for SRO 10-40?
    You can go eat but you must stay 500 feet away!
    Stop being a crybaby you put in for the position.

Unregistered
    You can go eat but you must stay 500 feet away!
    Stop being a crybaby you put in for the position.
    If you don't like it have a set and tell the Sgt in charge either get me relief or I'm going to go back to the road and you find someone else to cover your school. Can't make you be an SRD its a "specialized unit". If you don't stop whining about it.

Unregistered
    If you don't like it have a set and tell the Sgt in charge either get me relief or I'm going to go back to the road and you find someone else to cover your school. Can't make you be an SRD its a "specialized unit". If you don't stop whining about it.
    I bring my lunch to the school or have Uber eats deliver. It's pretty simple.

Unregistered
    It’s nonsense. No reason you can’t go off campus for a 10-40.

If the sgt calls a meeting it’s 10-19 and nobody is on campus. Is that any different? What if you’re off campus for court? Drug run?

Numerous times SRO are called off campus and that’s not an issue, but 10-40 off campus? Oh, no! An active shooter might stop by while on lunch break.

Unregistered
    Who would even want to work at a school. Boring.

Unregistered

If the sgt calls a meeting it’s 10-19 and nobody is on campus. Is that any different? What if you’re off campus for court? Drug run?

Numerous times SRO are called off campus and that’s not an issue, but 10-40 off campus? Oh, no! An active shooter might stop by while on lunch break.

Its called “POLITRICKS”, that has always been BSO.

Unregistered

Well genius it’s called a pattern. If you leave campus everyday at the same time eventually someone may notice that. As far as having someone cover so you can eat, well that’s sounds nice but the world doesn’t revolve around you. You still have a pretty cush job going.

I’ve done that job so I can speak to this. You’re basically your own police department in there. That campus is your city. Make yourself a part of it. Go to the cafeteria with the kids. Be a role model, be a mentor. Go to the cafeteria and find the kids sitting by themselves and sit down and have lunch with him or her. Find the outcasts and do something positive. Find the loners and the bullied and lift them up. You may prevent the next catastrophe.

Unregistered

You obviously are not an SRO. We never leave campus without relief. Ever.

Unregistered
    What's wrong with getting the lunch provided by the school?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast