Challenge to Sergeant's test - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is no such animal as a Civil Service Testing Board. You're ridiculous and not very informed.
    Seriously Dude, you’re not informed. I’ll tell you what’s messed up is not only is the assessment corrupted but what about certain people getting answers to the written test? How fair is that?

Unregistered
    There is no such animal as a Civil Service Testing Board. You're ridiculous and not very informed.
    You’re a f&cking moron. Every major police department in this country uses a civil service board or commission to do their testing. Look it up genius. This place is backwater behind the times and the tests are obviously not being administered correctly here. It’s not a secret anymore.

Unregistered
    You’re a f&cking moron. Every major police department in this country uses a civil service board or commission to do their testing. Look it up genius. This place is backwater behind the times and the tests are obviously not being administered correctly here. It’s not a secret anymore.
    It’s very obvious why our Department does it’s own testing. They dont want the best and brightest as Supervisor’s period.
    It’s a dog and pony show. They have to have minority supervisor’s and we all know by statistics that a majority of them cant score high enough on the list. So what do you do?? You have your own test and you skew the number’s to fit your agenda!.

Unregistered
    On it. Thank you. Will have this issue on the table in making our choice in support of a 2020 candidate; and it will be a question for the incumbent. Has this issue had any past media attention?

NW Broward PODC, FXXT, HF Holmberg, MIYP

Unregistered
    It’s very obvious why our Department does it’s own testing. They dont want the best and brightest as Supervisor’s period.
    It’s a dog and pony show. They have to have minority supervisor’s and we all know by statistics that a majority of them cant score high enough on the list. So what do you do?? You have your own test and you skew the number’s to fit your agenda!.
    If we weren’t giving out written answers to deputies who are not minority’s your opinion Would hold more water. But we know that answers are circulating and my observation has been it’s got nothing to do with race. It’s always somebody’s friend no matter what the color of their skin.

But seriously don’t make this a race thing. We all need to be together on this because it will better our agency to have an outside organization doing this. Detached from personal relationships, favors, or biases.

It’s the only way to make this fair. Otherwise just add this to the rest of the toxic atmosphere. If we continue to do it this way no one is going to take ownership in this place.

Unregistered

Mr. Scott Israel = Politics over Parkland etc.

I see there is a two week moritorium on the Sergeant's and Lieutenants lists.
    SI is making the Gov. case for him. SI is the epitome of politics of public safety.

What would be a beautiful thing is reviewing the lists, tests and NOTES for the past 10 years (even further). They will see from 3/15/09-1/3/12 it was done correctly (best man for the job), from 1/3/13 - 1/11/19 it was (affirmative action) NOT done correctly (best man for the job), 1/11/19 - present it was done correctly (best man for the job). In other words, x-sheriff Scott Israel is a racist, bigot piece of shit that put diversity, votes, and political favors in front of public safety putting lives in danger. He is a political animal.

Unregistered
    If we weren’t giving out written answers to deputies who are not minority’s your opinion Would hold more water. But we know that answers are circulating and my observation has been it’s got nothing to do with race. It’s always somebody’s friend no matter what the color of their skin.

But seriously don’t make this a race thing. We all need to be together on this because it will better our agency to have an outside organization doing this. Detached from personal relationships, favors, or biases.

It’s the only way to make this fair. Otherwise just add this to the rest of the toxic atmosphere. If we continue to do it this way no one is going to take ownership in this place.
    I disagree if it’s not about picking the best candidates then it is about race, who you golf with and if you are one of the boys or you are a lousy goody girl. And if they are actually giving out answer’s and you havent gotten any then I guess you are not one of the Boys/Whore. To bad for you sucka!

Unregistered
    I disagree if it’s not about picking the best candidates then it is about race, who you golf with and if you are one of the boys or you are a lousy goody girl. And if they are actually giving out answer’s and you havent gotten any then I guess you are not one of the Boys/Whore. To bad for you sucka!
    Correction, too bad for BSO, because it will continue in its present state, a wretched pile of stinch, sucka!

Unregistered
    Some of these "good test" takers unfortunately will not be good or great sergeants. Why don't they interview those that work hard and deserve a promotion. Why don't they talk to those who already have and demonstrate leadership capabilities. I see deputies in all areas such as C.I (district and down town), Civil, Training, Motors, almost every unit that have great candidates for sergeant. Unfortunately when I ask if they are on the list they either say something like "No, took it 3 - 4 times already and died on the list. Took previous tests and no one was picked for 2 years, or scored too high on the list, etc.

Unregistered
    Here’s a question that requires serious consideration. Knowing at least half the test was tainted and there is reasonable doubt as to the legitimacy of the first part of he test due to answers being distributed, how is anybof the rest allowed to stand? The is ample indication of impropriety with regard to both the Sgt. And Lt.’s tests.

Is this the kind of half azz example we want to set here? Sorry but if it’s not in the up and up the whole damn thing should be thrown out and redone.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast