Please awnser

Thread: Please awnser

Unregistered

Please awnser

Application process
    Hi so im in the process of applying for a department. Im currently in the army reserves and have an associates degree. 2 years ago I was arrested because I was hanging around with some friends that where smoking pot unfortunately they had put a grinder in my bag and I got charged with 0.1 grams of marijuana. The case was nolle prosequi which means I was never convicted of the case, I didnt even go to jail I got released on site with a paper to show up to court. My question is what are my chances of getting hired and do I have to put that yes to if I have ever been convicted when I haven’t.

Unregistered
    Choose another career. Law enforcement is not for you. The fact that you narrate your story as blaming someone else for the dope in your bag tells everyone you have no integrity. If you did the crime then own it. Dont blame others. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Choose another career. Law enforcement is not for you. The fact that you narrate your story as blaming someone else for the dope in your bag tells everyone you have no integrity. If you did the crime then own it. Dont blame others. Good luck.
    I blame my self for hanging around with those people, but the stuff was not mine. I even have an affidavit from the person I was with stating that it belonged to him that it wasn’t mine. I got a drug test the day after to prove that I was clean. Surely Everything tested negative. Wrong place at the wrong time. I have all the docs ready to present them, why would my story hold me back?

Archangel
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I blame my self for hanging around with those people, but the stuff was not mine. I even have an affidavit from the person I was with stating that it belonged to him that it wasn’t mine. I got a drug test the day after to prove that I was clean. Surely Everything tested negative. Wrong place at the wrong time. I have all the docs ready to present them, why would my story hold me back?
    You might want to consider doing a ride along before you fill out any more paperwork. That way you will hear your exact same story told numerous times and understand it is almost always BS.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    You might want to consider doing a ride along before you fill out any more paperwork. That way you will hear your exact same story told numerous times and understand it is almost always BS.
    I do understand stand that but I’m in the military I was just hanging out with some people from college. They where doing there own thing. I was just there when it happened.

Unregistered
    Well, the standard to get in the military is not as high as to get in a law enforcement position of “trust.” Almost the majority of cops are former military. And while the military service is patriotism at best, in law enforcement you actually change citizens’ lives forever by the stroke of a pen. So the power and trust it comes with the position can only be given to those citizens that are smart enough not to be with the wrong crowd while growing up. By the way, I do not think you will pass the background to even do a ride along. My suggestion is to start thinking another career field that you will enjoy and make some money. Law enforcement is not for you.

Unregistered
    Here is a hypothetical example for you. There are 10 positions open. 150 people applied. Out of those 150 only 90 pass the polygraph. Then only 60 pass the mental exam. Out of those 60 only 20 have good credit. And out of those 20 only 15 never had a ticket, never been arrested, and never had their name be placed in a police report. Out of those 15, there are 14 former military, there are 2 with a bachelor degree and 4 with an associate. Now, do you think you have a chance of getting in with a no pros record? Reality can destroy a dream.