Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Clown City

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wahhhh...wahhhhh!
    Furlough... Furlough!

Unregistered
    Yes, you are partly right, they did inherit an eighteen million reserve fund for unexpected emergencys. But you are incorrect on the one hundred million in debt. It is much higher than that now. The city struggles every two weeks just to meet payrolls. Most of the property taxes are collected within the first four months of the fiscal year and are almost immediately expended to the detriment of the next eight months. The Finance Department is constantly having to "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" as they say. There is so much stress in Finance that many are jumping ship to other cities and those of us left are looking to leave. I agree that a grave problem is occurring in Miramar. I disagree with your proposed explanation as to why it has occurred. I believe the fault lies with the individuals who fill the commission and city manager position, they personally must hold the blame, and not everyone else of the same race or culture.
    Above from 05/23/19. Prophetic?

Unregistered
    The PD does not function in a vacuum. It only gets a slice of the financial pie. As the pie shrinks, less is left for hiring new employees, cars, equipment, and contractual raises and benefits. When the bafoon commission runs the city financially into the ground the pie shrinks, the PD doesn't get a slice, or a very small one. From what kind of city do you think you would receive the best pay and benefits package - one that is financially viable or one that is broke and in debt? We can talk about this, or someone who takes too much time on a 10-10. Personally, I'm more interested in pay and benefits, and those who would steal it from us, either directly or indirectly.
    From 06/03/19. With every post like this someone would accuse the poster of racism, being lazy, bad spelling, etc. Why wasn't the poster accused of telling the truth? In regard to racism, I don't think that the commission deserves a pass just because of their particular race. Race never mattered. But, and a big but, is that cutting employee pay 20% is hurting all city employees, a large majority of whom are minorities - that's real racism. How come when we kept writing about horse's ass former chief RB no one cried "racism"? Body Cams - 12 million and recurrent continuing cost - an example of complete fiscal mismanagement. The list goes on and on. Now MPD with the lowest average pay around will take and additional pay cut of 20% (8 hours from 40= 20%.) Ok, now some of you phucks can jump on here and defend the commission and accuse me of poor grammar/spelling, being lazy, racism, or whatever - I don't care - f*ck you and your furlough. One of you may write "you sound angry" - gee do ya think!

Unregistered
    Haven't you figured out.......inheriting an $18,000,00 reserve and within 2 plus years, changing it to $100,000,000 in debt. The city is now totally in debt and borderline bankrupted. No reserve for hurricanes or anything. Traditionally when this happens cities pilfer from pension funds. Only absolute idiots would do this. When in final financial collapse they can blame the white guy Moore. Even as big a trash bucket as he is, he is still not that stupid and ignorant. Go ahead, tell me how sad I am, mention my sheets are ready, call me Alabama wizard, etc. When future pay raises are withheld and pension benefits are cut in half are you still going to defend this low IQ commission? If your IQ is as low as theirs, I suppose you will.
    Posted exactly one year ago. To those of you who repeatedly defended them, I have one question - how is your paycheck now and prospects of future pay?

Unregistered
    00000’s for the next decade unless these corrupt commissioners are removed!

Unregistered

Acm

ACM is a landfill superintend it in medley. He is working his way back to the Miamidade county to complete his pension. I can’t believe after everything he did the citizens of Miami Dade County are going to allow this.Plus there still an open sex case with the code enforcer Beverly Washington that’s still pending.

Unregistered
    City hall treats women worse than the Pd, between sex harassment and hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    City hall treats women worse than the Pd, between sex harassment and hostile work environment.
    No doubt just look at the joke commissioner chambers. 3 harassments lawsuits, 2 settlements so far.
    At least DW got to promote BP before he retires. He’s brighter than chambers, which isn’t saying much.

Unregistered
    ACM is a landfill superintend it in medley. He is working his way back to the Miamidade county to complete his pension. I can’t believe after everything he did the citizens of Miami Dade County are going to allow this.Plus there still an open sex case with the code enforcer Beverly Washington that’s still pending.
    Landfill Superintendent in little turd Medley. Now that's Karma.

Unregistered
    No doubt just look at the joke commissioner chambers. 3 harassments lawsuits, 2 settlements so far.
    At least DW got to promote BP before he retires. He’s brighter than chambers, which isn’t saying much.

Yeah, this city needs a major fix. Now chambers is violating election rules by campaigning right by the entrance to the library, while everyone else is the required distance away. He is a lawsuit magnet.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...well-chambers/

Just saw the lawsuit story, OMG.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast