FHP Staffing in Broward County - Troop L Davie
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

FHP Staffing in Broward County - Troop L Davie

Can someone please provide the average number of troopers that are on duty during the three (3) shifts. I know that the Patrol has approximately 180 current budgeted vacancies, but it also appears that Troop L, or for that matter Troop E, is not receiving it full allocation of troopers. Essentially I-595, I-75 and I-95 are virtually unpatrolled.

Unregistered
    Boo hoo. Everywhere is short staffed. Big baby

Unregistered

No It's A Matter of Trooper/Officer/Citizen Safety!

Perhaps something you don't understand or care to logically think through. It affects everyone, including our families. As many of us have known for a long time. many on this blog have no clue of what this writer asked; if you did you would answer it in an intelligent manner. How many vacancies does FHP have, what is their budgeted strength, etc.? If you are one of us you can answer these simple questions which I doubt you can.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Perhaps something you don't understand or care to logically think through. It affects everyone, including our families. As many of us have known for a long time. many on this blog have no clue of what this writer asked; if you did you would answer it in an intelligent manner. How many vacancies does FHP have, what is their budgeted strength, etc.? If you are one of us you can answer these simple questions which I doubt you can.
    They cannot simply pull more Troopers out of their ass.

Unregistered
    Population has increased and our numbers stay the same. In the 90's we had more troopers in the area with less population. You want to see a tragedy waiting to happen? Look at th ed Florida Keys or turn pike when it comes to units on a shift . We are a reactive law enforcement agency.

Unregistered
    I met a trooper today. He said he runs from Toll Plaza back to Naples and BSO would be his backup. I'm upset that state legislators won't give these men and women competitive pay.

Unregistered

Can someone Answer the first Question Regarding staffing Please!

We understand there are shortages but how many in Troop L? Just the facts please! One source stated that each shift has less than 5 troopers on duty in all of Broward County per shift.

Unregistered
    We understand there are shortages but how many in Troop L? Just the facts please! One source stated that each shift has less than 5 troopers on duty in all of Broward County per shift.
    Sounds about right. I retired out of Troop L a few years back and I'm sure they haven't increased the number of troops since I left.

Unregistered
    Sounds about right. I retired out of Troop L a few years back and I'm sure they haven't increased the number of troops since I left.
    This in itself is disgusting. I want the troopers to be safe. It's not worth the risk. The panic button should evident when your troopers quit do to lack of staffing and pay. What good is nice equipment but no bodies to utilize it.

Unregistered
    This in itself is disgusting. I want the troopers to be safe. It's not worth the risk. The panic button should evident when your troopers quit do to lack of staffing and pay. What good is nice equipment but no bodies to utilize it.
    This is a problem nationwide and not just a FHP problem. The current crop of soyboy snowflakes have no desire or ability to be a police officer. It will get worse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast