Heads-up Guys

Thread: Heads-up Guys

Unregistered

Heads-up Guys

Your department is now being filmed by the media (as was our department a while back.) The issue is the stop sign enforcement - which is a valid concern of residents. It seems that one of your young officers is writing UTC's for stop signs, after a full stop was made, but a foot or so beyond the stop bar - which is technically legal. If they follow suit with their previous reporting, they will show video on the air, make the entire department look picky and petty, and then at the end point out that the law does technically require the stop at the stop bar. I got the heads-up from a friend who works at the news station. Stay safe guys; glad I live in CC. Fellow leo.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your department is now being filmed by the media (as was our department a while back.) The issue is the stop sign enforcement - which is a valid concern of residents. It seems that one of your young officers is writing UTC's for stop signs, after a full stop was made, but a foot or so beyond the stop bar - which is technically legal. If they follow suit with their previous reporting, they will show video on the air, make the entire department look picky and petty, and then at the end point out that the law does technically require the stop at the stop bar. I got the heads-up from a friend who works at the news station. Stay safe guys; glad I live in CC. Fellow leo.
    PS - just found out that they are matching the surveillance videos with the UTC's that they are viewing from the Clerk of Courts Office. They have interviewed several individuals who have fallen into the above listed category.

Unregistered
    The expose is going to involve one other Broward city, and possibly one in Miami-Dade. Besides showing complete stops beyond the cross bar. They are going to air footage of ccpd cars totally blowing the signs. Every pd gets their turn in the barrel, as they say, I guess it will be your turn. I truly dislike these mock racking reporters. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the info. I doubt it will make much of a difference though. In CC the name of the game is to satisfy all the cranks and complainers. Our city would rather harass and frustrate 100's, if not 1000's, of residents just to shut up two or three complaining morons. Mathematically, it makes no sense sacrificing the good will of the vast majority just to placate a few chronic whiners. It would also take leadership from the administration to reign in the so called "young officer" who is immature and lacks judgement - something that I doubt will happen. Stay safe yourself, thanks again.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the info. I doubt it will make much of a difference though. In CC the name of the game is to satisfy all the cranks and complainers. Our city would rather harass and frustrate 100's, if not 1000's, of residents just to shut up two or three complaining morons. Mathematically, it makes no sense sacrificing the good will of the vast majority just to placate a few chronic whiners. It would also take leadership from the administration to reign in the so called "young officer" who is immature and lacks judgement - something that I doubt will happen. Stay safe yourself, thanks again.
    Bravo, amen, spot on!

Unregistered

Sounds like BS like you got a ticket or are a ticket clinic guy.

No one gives a crap about stop sign tickets and there are no quotas thus no reason to lie or give tickets undeserved. Pay the fine and drive safe.

What makes you people think a cop would risk a pension, pay,health insurance over your stupid ticket?