Call the PBA and tell them to speak out in defense of the NW Officers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Call the PBA and tell them to speak out in defense of the NW Officers

305-593-1144 (Work)

Unregistered
    The director’s comments on Twitter are highly inappropriate. Instead of just making funny comments on here, use your voice and speak up.

Unregistered
    Like John Rivera or not, his fat @ss would have been all over TV saying “ I see nothing wrong with the actions taken by our officers, she resisted and was taken into custody without injury to anyone” however our director is disgusted at what real police work looks like and Steadman is nowhere to be seen because he’s already celebrating St Patty’s day.......

Unregistered
    It’s a scary time to be a police officer. And a great time to be a criminal.

Unregistered
    Every single time. Every other week is something new with this guy. The Director is dragging the Department through the mud. He never fails to send the wrong message to both, the community and the officers. Can someone please explained to me how the **** are we suppose to take a subject into custody, when he/she decided to resist. How can anyone go out and do police work, how can anyone have any respect for this Director. His personal agenda and future aspirations are conflicting with his duties and he affects people’s lives. I will call the PBA show support for my fellow officer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Like John Rivera or not, his fat @ss would have been all over TV saying “ I see nothing wrong with the actions taken by our officers, she resisted and was taken into custody without injury to anyone” however our director is disgusted at what real police work looks like and Steadman is nowhere to be seen because he’s already celebrating St Patty’s day.......
    Absolutely correct. But we are suffering from our own demise. Many of us didn’t Vote and many of us bought into their BS. Like you said like him or not Rivera was our warrior. Like him or not Steadman is our coward.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Absolutely correct. But we are suffering from our own demise. Many of us didn’t Vote and many of us bought into their BS. Like you said like him or not Rivera was our warrior. Like him or not Steadman is our coward.
    I do not know whether Steadman is a coward, so on that point, I will not comment. I know that during my years as a supervisor and command officer, I crossed blades with John Rivera and his lawyers on many occasions. Often I wondered how can you defend the indefensible; then I remember my days is Central, and the times I was ordered to appear before Internal Affairs, as a witness officer or subject. The PBA was always there to protect us from lying complainants and zealous IA Sergeants yearning to be noticed; forgetting from where they had come before their IA assignments.

John Rivera comes from that stalwart line of PBA Representatives who ardently battled on behalf of their members. As the preeminent English jurist William Blackstone once wrote: ”[B]etter that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer.” The PBA President and his board members must engage in collective and personal introspection as to why they are there; if not to staunchly defend the membership, whether as a class or an individual. The PBA's relation with the current strong mayor, his appointed police director and eventually the Sheriff, must be rooted in mutual respect; consistent with the intent, letter and spirit of the current contract, but never servile. The membership expects it and the Association's tradition demands it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    i do not know whether steadman is a coward, so on that point, i will not comment. I know that during my years as a supervisor and command officer, i crossed blades with john rivera and his lawyers on many occasions. Often i wondered how can you defend the indefensible; then i remember my days [in] central, and the times i was ordered to appear before internal affairs, as a witness officer or subject. The pba was always there to protect us from lying complainants and zealous ia sergeants yearning to be noticed; forgetting from where they had come before their ia assignments.

John rivera comes from that stalwart line of pba representatives who ardently battled on behalf of their members. As the preeminent english jurist william blackstone once wrote: ”[b]etter that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer.” the pba president and his board members must engage in collective and personal introspection as to why they are there; if not to staunchly defend the membership, whether as a class or an individual. The pba's relation with the current strong mayor, his appointed police director and eventually the sheriff, must be rooted in mutual respect; consistent with the intent, letter and spirit of the current contract, but never servile. The membership expects it and the association's tradition demands it.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unregistered
    Calling the PBA does nothing. When I called they said they were aware and no one was available to speak to me. Never asked for my name or number to get back to me

Unregistered
    That’s not even the number for PBA. Stahl and company are total useless self absorbed people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast