Good shoot or not?

Unregistered

Good shoot or not?

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...akGOwWjedCTzpY

The officer placed himself in front of the car and the suspect refused to exit the vehicle, then started driving towards the officer. The officer fired to prevent being run over. How would this one play out here? Would the COC and Bob back up the officer?

Unregistered
    The question of justifiable homicide is different than a clean shoot. You have to clear both hurdles at once. Your agency investigates the shooting to see if it complies with deadly force policies. The SAO investigates it to see if it was a justifiable homicide, if it should be reviewed by a grand jury or if you are going to jail for murder. At PCSO you would be in violation of agency policy for putting yourself there, if that’s what happened. But I would think the SAO would still say it was justified. Just because I leave cover to face a bad guy who is armed doesn’t mean it’s okay for him to shoot at me. Same goes for if I step in front of car that is off and the bad guy turns it on and drives it towards me. That’s intent and they have the ability to kill me. However, there are circumstances where a bad guy could drive at me and I could send him to his maker within PCSO’s policy. But I’m not getting into that. Sadly Bob and his goons judge all shootings from the third floor in whatever light they want. And that’s great when four assholes who have never shot at anyone get to judge someone who did. And neighbor’s microwaves don’t count Sean.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The question of justifiable homicide is different than a clean shoot. You have to clear both hurdles at once. Your agency investigates the shooting to see if it complies with deadly force policies. The SAO investigates it to see if it was a justifiable homicide, if it should be reviewed by a grand jury or if you are going to jail for murder. At PCSO you would be in violation of agency policy for putting yourself there, if that’s what happened. But I would think the SAO would still say it was justified. Just because I leave cover to face a bad guy who is armed doesn’t mean it’s okay for him to shoot at me. Same goes for if I step in front of car that is off and the bad guy turns it on and drives it towards me. That’s intent and they have the ability to kill me. However, there are circumstances where a bad guy could drive at me and I could send him to his maker within PCSO’s policy. But I’m not getting into that. Sadly Bob and his goons judge all shootings from the third floor in whatever light they want. And that’s great when four assholes who have never shot at anyone get to judge someone who did. And neighbor’s microwaves don’t count Sean.
    Leave it to some inept whiney PCSO moron to turn a discussion on law and policy into a bash the command staff ***** session.

Unregistered
    And what do you say about the 12 goons on a jury who get to judge you who as you say have never shot at anyone. In your simple minded world of make believe should only cops who have shot people get to be on a jury. You’re comments are STUPID!!!

Unregistered
    That's why people who are truly innocent should request a bench trial.

Unregistered
    Car was never stopped, just jumped in front and fired when didn’t stop

Unregistered
    If you watch the videos closely (from 8 different cameras and angles) it is quite clear that the officer started firing while the vehicle was off to his left and before it came anywhere near him. He could have easily stepped one step back and been in zero danger. However, the officer stepped closer to the right front wheel of the car, shot four times, then moved himself directly in front of the car and jumped on the hood and shot four more times. He reminded me of the dashcam videos where someone looking to file a lawsuit jumps on the hood of a car to pretend they were hit.

That agency has a very specific policy that NO officer is to place themselves in the path of a moving car to initiate deadly force. That is exactly what he did. They also have a policy that required them to back out of the path of a moving car rather than use deadly force. Furthermore, he already knew that the car was being tracked and multiple units were only moments away and he should have simply blocked the car in and waited the 30 seconds it took for back-up to arrive before he approached. Bad shoot, but that doesn't mean the "system" won't allow him to get away with murder.

Unregistered
    And what do you say about the 12 goons on a jury who get to judge you who as you say have never shot at anyone. In your simple minded world of make believe should only cops who have shot people get to be on a jury. You’re comments are STUPID!!!
    I’m sorry. Did I offend you or one of your stupid friends? I apologize Mister Sensitive. Might I suggest some soothing ointment for your hurt butt? And in what simple world does a 12 person grand jury exist? Not in Florida. Try again Mister Smart Guy. And the use of a grand jury is dictated by the SAO. But thank you for your thoughts!!!