SID Det to capt in 4 years? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I must admit I wasn’t sold on the captain but I met him recently when he took the time to help me with a problem. Actually it was something I had done wrong. Instead of it being a negative thing, he counseled me and helped me figure out how I can do things better next time I’m in a similar situation. It was very clear that he knew what he was talking about and I was impressed with his experience and knowledge. I apologize for doubting you, sir. I’ll follow you into battle any day. He is a true leader.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I must admit I wasn’t sold on the captain but I met him recently when he took the time to help me with a problem. Actually it was something I had done wrong. Instead of it being a negative thing, he counseled me and helped me figure out how I can do things better next time I’m in a similar situation. It was very clear that he knew what he was talking about and I was impressed with his experience and knowledge. I apologize for doubting you, sir. I’ll follow you into battle any day. He is a true leader.
    Anyone who knows he has seen this side of
    him. The others are nothing more than jealous. End of story.

Unregistered
    Funny you should say that. Matter fact, I’ve had a long conversation with that brother. Some men can have intelligent conversation without getting all pissed off. You must be from a European decent. Lastly, I’m sure the HCSO is the closest thing to serving your country that you can come up with. I’m also sure, your some pale skinned dude that wouldn’t say $hit in school in fear of getting beat down. But now that you have a badge you have all this mouth. Take your ass up to progress village on your day off and talk shit. Ya we know you won’t do that.
    You really are a racist... Wonder if he thinks your portion of the conversation was intelligent, doubtful.
    You are sad and pathetic.

Unregistered
    I don't think anyone has any issue with that captain personally. I think its the promotional process people have a problem with.

Unregistered
    You really are a racist... Wonder if he thinks your portion of the conversation was intelligent, doubtful.
    You are sad and pathetic.
    Don’t waste your time trying to reason with a racist like this.

Unregistered
    Don’t waste your time trying to reason with a racist like this.
    Thats right. Don't bother. Try again when I have a full squad, a zone partner, and a mud shift.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3043694]Don’t waste your time trying to reason with a racist like this.

Lol racist? You clowns kill me.

Unregistered
    Thats right. Don't bother. Try again when I have a full squad, a zone partner, and a mud shift.
    Well put. Color shouldn’t play a part in promotions or fair treatment. If someone is qualified I say promote them. But here is the question. What is the promotional process? You pass a test, run the fitness challenge and turn in a packet. Now here is the magic question. How are people chosen for promotion? There are no more round tables and if your not in the click you get passed over. People come on here and scream reverse discrimination and diversity. Truth is the people making the decisions promote people and don’t have a clue as to why. And when the people they promote fail miserably they point fingers as to how this person was ever promoted.

Unregistered
    Well put. Color shouldn’t play a part in promotions or fair treatment. If someone is qualified I say promote them. But here is the question. What is the promotional process? You pass a test, run the fitness challenge and turn in a packet. Now here is the magic question. How are people chosen for promotion? There are no more round tables and if your not in the click you get passed over. People come on here and scream reverse discrimination and diversity. Truth is the people making the decisions promote people and don’t have a clue as to why. And when the people they promote fail miserably they point fingers as to how this person was ever promoted.
    There are round tables and now the assessment center for each rank.

Unregistered
    There are round tables and now the assessment center for each rank.
    Well I recently retired from the agency as a supervisor and I can’t remember one round table. I also participated in the assessment center and it wasn’t really beneficial to me. But if the agency is conducting round tables that’s a good thing. Only issue, is that a round table doesn’t mean the best qualified candidate will be submitted for promotion.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast