SID Det to capt in 4 years? - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That captain is a good guy, but that means nothing. Neither does his knowledge, skills, or what he has done. Even being a minority means nothing. Its all about meeting federally imposed minimum numbers. Numbers and keeping up with popular trends. Also grant money. They fast tracked him because of race to benefit the agency only. Not him or any minority. Although no one would pass up the opportunity to be fast tracked for whatever reason, I'm sure it sucks knowing you were promoted not because of your work performance or skill. Our WM CID captain was merely a detective 5 years ago. 4 ranks in 5 years? The connected and their agendas are the ones to worry about. Not the minorities.
    What federally imposed numbers are you talking about? You’re a paranoid nutjob. No such thing dumb sh!t. If there were federal requirements, then why the fukc would you mad at the sheriff?! That would mean he’s stuck. You’re a fukcing idiot!

Unregistered
    I freaking love this guy.
    I like A.C. but he's a no fighter. He's gotten his ass whooped many a times in D1. The street urchins used to joke about it.

Unregistered
    Who cares, really, who cares? Why are you allowing Captain Collins to consume you life? What does it matter? If you were half the deputy, detective, or supervisor you say you are, you would figure out what it takes to get promoted and take the appropriate steps. If you have decided that it is beyond your grasp, or that you don’t want to play the game, accept it and move on. The mental stress and anguish you put on yourself is debilitating.

Unregistered
    Who cares, really, who cares? Why are you allowing Captain Collins to consume you life? What does it matter? If you were half the deputy, detective, or supervisor you say you are, you would figure out what it takes to get promoted and take the appropriate steps. If you have decided that it is beyond your grasp, or that you don’t want to play the game, accept it and move on. The mental stress and anguish you put on yourself is debilitating.
    Blow jobs, ass kissing and mistreating people. Nothing really to figure out. Some people prefer to be good humans, so they will never reach the top. If you’re at the bottom, congratulations! It means you may still have a soul. Be grateful for that.

Unregistered

I've already figured out what it takes to get transferred/promoted. But there's nothing I can do about my non-diverse, non-minority, status.

Unregistered
    So accept it and self yourself free. There is life beyond the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

Free at last....
    So accept it and self yourself free. There is life beyond the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
    Yes! This! And it's GLORIOUS. You have no idea how much the HCSO consumes your life until you're free of it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Free at last.... View Post
    Yes! This! And it's GLORIOUS. You have no idea how much the HCSO consumes your life until you're free of it.
    Not just your life but also your mind. The constant worry gets old. Being that you are only ever approached or contacted when its something negative, It really takes its toll. Negative feedback and negative reenforcement to run a business is a set up for failure. Managers do this, but not leaders. Every day is like playing career Russian roulette. Will I still be here tomorrow, next week, next month? There is no stability. No feeling of security. You can get written up, demoted, and or fired in a heartbeat, YET ten or 15 years of hard work may get you somewhere if you are lucky, connected, or a minority. I feel for these brainwashed kids with that false hero mentality just starting this career with new families and homes relying on them and the pay. Its a trap. The even sadder thing is that it does not have to be this way. Its all internally generated and has nothing to do with “society” or crime or bad guys. Its all administrative. Look around. Where are all our seasoned experienced deputies detectives supervisors? Not many are there? There is a reason for that. People don't quit jobs. They quit people and bad policy.

Unregistered
    Not just your life but also your mind. The constant worry gets old. Being that you are only ever approached or contacted when its something negative, It really takes its toll. Negative feedback and negative reenforcement to run a business is a set up for failure. Managers do this, but not leaders. Every day is like playing career Russian roulette. Will I still be here tomorrow, next week, next month? There is no stability. No feeling of security. You can get written up, demoted, and or fired in a heartbeat, YET ten or 15 years of hard work may get you somewhere if you are lucky, connected, or a minority. I feel for these brainwashed kids with that false hero mentality just starting this career with new families and homes relying on them and the pay. Its a trap. The even sadder thing is that it does not have to be this way. Its all internally generated and has nothing to do with “society” or crime or bad guys. Its all administrative. Look around. Where are all our seasoned experienced deputies detectives supervisors? Not many are there? There is a reason for that. People don't quit jobs. They quit people and bad policy.
    Have a good cry?

Unregistered
    Have a good cry?
    Discussing observations is not a cry. Lame attempt to discredit me. Have a good try?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011