Busway robberies at an all time high.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Busway robberies at an all time high.

So the busway robberies are through the roof. Any ideas on how MDPD can detur this from occurring? Obviously driving patrol cars on the busway is not a option. Not even RID can drive on the busway!

Unregistered
    If the dancing queen doesn’t want us on the busway, so be it. What happens is then on them.
    Follow the SOP to the letter and see how productive this Dept can be

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So the bus-way robberies are through the roof. Any ideas on how MDPD can deter them? Obviously driving patrol cars on the bus-way is not an option. Not even RID can drive on the bus-way!
    Sure, sounds like a job for the concerned district's GIU Commander and most affected platoon Lieutenant to develop an ad hoc proactive plan based on CAU provided actionable intelligence; based on the most vulnerable locations, most active days of the week and times of the day. Deploying unencumbered by calls uniform patrol officers, at strategic subjects' arrival and flight routes, supporting covert CST personnel; perhaps serving as "decoys," might yield positive deterring results.

Good Luck!

Unregistered
    Or they can let us use the busway again . What a novel idea. The board of county commissioners already said we could in a vote several years ago.

Unregistered
    Or we can just wait in traffic like everyone else. Just curios how many Robberies you’ve stopped while traveling on the busway. Actually go back to when “we used to be allowed” and do some research. There were murders, robberies, assaults and the worst a county vehicle accident that claimed the life of an officer. It’s a bad look for police to be utilizing the going well over the speed limit while cars are in bumper to bumper on US1, especially when all of us truly know that it’s a luxury and a perk more than a deterrent. I believe that is why we aren’t allowed to use it anymore.

I heard officers talking about hopefully we will be allowed to use the 836 East/West Bus Lanes once they are complete. I would say not, and actually my hope is they just finish the damn project.

Stay safe

Unregistered
    Or we can just wait in traffic like everyone else. Just curios how many Robberies you’ve stopped while traveling on the busway. Actually go back to when “we used to be allowed” and do some research. There were murders, robberies, assaults and the worst a county vehicle accident that claimed the life of an officer. It’s a bad look for police to be utilizing the going well over the speed limit while cars are in bumper to bumper on US1, especially when all of us truly know that it’s a luxury and a perk more than a deterrent. I believe that is why we aren’t allowed to use it anymore.

I heard officers talking about hopefully we will be allowed to use the 836 East/West Bus Lanes once they are complete. I would say not, and actually my hope is they just finish the damn project.

Stay safe
    As a taxpaying civilian i want our cops on busway togetto calls quicker that are not emergencies i had to wait 84 minutes for a minor accident

Unregistered

Stay safe
    RIP Officer Calderon...he was with MDPD 1994-1999...met him one day before the 17 with the Bus...one of the nicest guys you could have ever met...Regards, The Dinosaur

Unregistered
    If the dancing queen doesn’t want us on the busway, so be it. What happens is then on them.
    Follow the SOP to the letter and see how productive this Dept can be
    The bus drivers would report possible unmarked vehicles on the busway.

Unregistered
    RIP Officer Calderon...he was with MDPD 1994-1999...met him one day before the 17 with the Bus...one of the nicest guys you could have ever met...Regards, The Dinosaur
    Man...hard to beleive 20 years have pased since that day. Sad.

Unregistered
    We need a real life Batman to hit the streets with some good old fashioned vigilantism to check these porch 🐒 who are committing these 29s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast