Sheriff Tom Knight: selling the office of sheriff to the highest bidder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sleazy

Thumbs up Sheriff Tom Knight: selling the office of sheriff to the highest bidder

Money talks and BS walks.

For just $25 dollars, you too can get a stickem badge to place on your car next to your license plate.

Unregistered
    FYI, I live in Manatee Cty and received a similar letter from MSO in my mailbox.

Unregistered
    I remember when the SSO paid for our membership to the FSA to boost membership. It’s a scam for Sheriff’s to pad their own medical benefits. Donate directly to the youth ranch. The money will get to the kids and away from knights pockets.

Unregistered

Filthy FSA Charity Scam

The Florida Sheriffs Association (FSA) is just another scam that that boldly uses a badge to beg for money. If you are a sucker, then then give them 100 dollars and they will mail you a 25 cent sticker of a Florida sheriff's badge to placed next to other bumper stickers.

Just say "no" when Knight and the FSA telephone you to ask for money. And if you get their junk mail via the post office, then file it where it belongs: in the garbage can.

The FSA also claims that protecting school children from active-shooters is not the prerogative of law enforcement. The FSA claim is asinine and you can read it here:

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/grade...ociation-says/

Knight is also involved in another charity scam where 7 out of 10 dollars collected are re-spent on advertising to beg for more money. It's a vicious charity-scam-cycle. Someone else can post an article to that scam.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by sleazy View Post

For just $25 dollars, you too can get a stickem badge to place on your car next to your license plate.
    For $25 dollars, can a convicted felon get one of those cool sheriffs badges?

Unregistered
    The Florida Sheriff's is just a union/lobbyist group for the elected sheriffs of this state. They use the guise of charity and concern for youth but that's just to make them look benevolent, much like planned parenthood tries to say they are concerned for women's health to try to deflect their abortion clinics.

The FSA lobbys the legislature to ontain better benefits for the sheriff's and the sheriff's only. When we were represented by the PBA the Sheriff was represented by a lawyer from a high priced Tallahassee law firm whose only reason for being in business was to deny the working deputies any better benefits and was paid throught knightmare's affiliation with his union, the FSA.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid and tell your friends, family and neighbors not to donate anything to the FSA. It's like the United Way scam. If someone on a traffic stop showed me an FSA donor card or had one of those stickers on their car, I immediately decided they were not getting a warning, not getting a violation of traffic control device but were getting a full boat speed ticket.

Unregistered
    I have written three full boat tickets to people with that stupid sticker on their car in the last year. I am now driving around actually targeting anyone with that FSA emblem. The FSA has done nothing but hurt Deputies in Florida. The FSA is so rich they pay lobbyist to push laws in their favor that stop unions and anything that might benefit a man or woman who is a Deputy in Florida. When I am not at work I make a point to let anyone know how corrupt this organization is. The worst part is they hide behind a caring giving facade which makes my stomach turn. This organization has single-handedly done more to subdue the rights of the common Florida Deputy than any other organization in Florida history. Fact check it. The majority of their money goes to lobbyist.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have written three full boat tickets to people with that stupid sticker on their car in the last year. I am now driving around actually targeting anyone with that FSA emblem. The FSA has done nothing but hurt Deputies in Florida. The FSA is so rich they pay lobbyist to push laws in their favor that stop unions and anything that might benefit a man or woman who is a Deputy in Florida. When I am not at work, I make a point to let anyone know how corrupt this organization is. The worst part is they hide behind a caring giving facade which makes my stomach turn. This organization has single-handedly done more to subdue the rights of the common Florida Deputy than any other organization in Florida history. Fact check it. The majority of their money goes to lobbyist.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL

Unregistered

Thumbs up The sheriffs badge is sold for cold hard cash

Quote Originally Posted by sleazy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For $25 dollars, can a convicted felon get one of those cool sheriffs badges?
    Bob Waechter has a box full of them.

Wesley
    Every Sheriffs Office in Florida does this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast