Lateral Recruit Class

Unregistered

Lateral Recruit Class

Does anyone have any info on what the LRC is like, or has anyone been through it or currently in it? Previous LEO with a local SO, although it’s been about 2 years since I was last a LEO. (left to make a little more money in retail management but I can’t handle the boredom or being stuck inside anymore.) FHP actually pays more than the NE agency I once worked for and I’m sure offers a lot more opportunity for OT. I have the PAT coming up, just any insight would be great. Also, chances of staying within troop G?

Unregistered
    I'm not totally sure how the LRC is run because it's relatively new. But the chances of you staying in Troop G are quite good. If you can't get the specific county you want I'm sure there are positions available in adjoining counties that would be within the forty miles you are allowed to live from your city of assignment

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not totally sure how the LRC is run because it's relatively new. But the chances of you staying in Troop G are quite good. If you can't get the specific county you want I'm sure there are positions available in adjoining counties that would be within the forty miles you are allowed to live from your city of assignment
    You can get any work assignment close to home because FHP is severely understaffed. Last year, FHP is shifting away from its practice of general assignment statewide toward an emphasis on recruiting, hiring and - when possible – allowing new troopers to work in their local area.

Unregistered
    You will get back to where you want or sure.

Unregistered
    You will get back to where you want or sure.
    Four weeks. which is not bad.

Unregistered
    Four weeks. which is not bad.
    4 weeks is not bad.