Correction officer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Correction officer

Im work for the postal service for 10 years if i go to correction officer,can i keep my years working for the government,and,if been a correction officer if a law enforcement thanks in thinks after a year move to cbp

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im work for the postal service for 10 years if i go to correction officer,can i keep my years working for the government,and,if been a correction officer if a law enforcement thanks in thinks after a year move to cbp
    Why would you want to work as a correctional officer for long hours and low pay when you could make more working at a county jail? FDOC has been plagued with high turnover rate for decades. FDOC then gets all bitter, demanding why these people don't want to work for low pay? Even Florida legislators refused to understand that if you fix the pay, you fix the recruitment and retention problem. All they preach about is hiring more people but refusing to give out pay raises. You cannot survive on $33,500 unless you put in hours of overtime to survive.

This place has never cared for its employees and the low pay shows how little they think about them.

If you really want to work as a CO with good pay, looking into Bureau of Prisons, they pay much better unlike FDOC's minimum wages.

Unregistered
    Then BOP is the better choice,my goal is to work in any law enforcement branch,to get experienced as a law enforcement and then apply for,cbp,homeland security but,i dont know if as a correction officer i can get experienced as a law enforcement officer

Unregistered
    Whatever you do, don't apply at FDC! If you do, you will be sorry. The pay is horrible, we've had two pay raises (less than 3%) in 13 years and we got a 3% pay cut in 2011. The "leadership" is horrible and doesn't care one bit about you. Never has and never will. Join a local sheriff's office. They pay a lot better and will treat you better. But whatever you do, stay far, far away from FDC!

Unregistered
    Thanks guys my respect for all corrections

Unregistered

Stay away from FDOC

Then BOP is the better choice,my goal is to work in any law enforcement branch,to get experienced as a law enforcement and then apply for,cbp,homeland security but,i dont know if as a correction officer i can get experienced as a law enforcement officer
    It would be better to get hired on as a correctional officer for the Bureau of Prisons. Starting pay is $41,187 and top pay is at $54,586. Once you are hired, you will already be in the federal system so you will have no problem getting hired easily since they have all your information and can skip the long hiring process.

If you have a bachelor's degree, you can use to waive the work experience requirement. Most federal LE agencies are usually direct-hire so the hiring process will be much faster. It may be the case with BOP but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unregistered

If you have a bachelor's degree, you can use to waive the work experience requirement.
    If he has a Bachelors degree, then he got ripped off.

Unregistered
    Please proofread your posts, you're embarrassing yourself.

Unregistered
    I would recommend you buy a good English grammar book and work on that first.

Unregistered
    You have to be semi-literate to work at FDC. Not sure about Bureau of Prisons, their standards could be lower so getting hired shouldn't be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast