Civil Citations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil Citations

Unregistered

Civil Citations

While everyone is talking about the disgrace of the “Promise Program”, why hasn’t the “Civil Citation” been brought to the spotlight, as well?

3 mandatory citations before you can make an arrest? The citations aren’t worth the paper it’s written on.

Again, just another scam to avoid making arrests when appropriate. I wish the media would cover this program and investigate it further.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    While everyone is talking about the disgrace of the “Promise Program”, why hasn’t the “Civil Citation” been brought to the spotlight, as well?

3 mandatory citations before you can make an arrest? The citations aren’t worth the paper it’s written on.

Again, just another scam to avoid making arrests when appropriate. I wish the media would cover this program and investigate it further.
    The problem:

It's nearly impossible to get the specific details about this process. The press is reluctant to do a story on something to find out that there was incorrect reporting due to one specific detail. if anyone would like to take the time to write EXACTLY how it's written to work, compared to how it is actually practiced, that would be a good start. You'd be shocked as to how much info is revealed in this forum that is nearly impossible to get elsewhere. Also, question: has there been any modifications in how these citations are utilized with the new Sheriff, or is it the same? And, where is the line between a citation and an arrest? Does "discretion" play a role?

Unregistered

Because if temporary nixes Israel's policy on CC's that may cause controversy. And everyone knows he only wants to make popular easy decisions like beards and colonel promotions. Llerena was also balls deep in that policy development and implementation and hasnt said peep either. Palmer too. He should offer it up to temporary before the media ambushes him with the question while hes kissing babies. Cant wait till the true stress of being a sheriffs kicks in. For now they are just playing dress up. But as a fail safe, they can always ask T Lynch to sort it out. Hes a really concise decision maker and doesn't flip flop or duck the answer. Most have no clue what Im talking about but others who have dealt with these people/issues, know my comments are spot on and sadly true.

Unregistered
    Who cares? Satz is still in office so nothing changes until he's gone.

Unregistered

There is a simple solution, just don't do them. Fill out the Juvenile Transcript, release them to their parent and file the case. The state will do what they will do.

Unregistered
    There is a simple solution, just don't do them. Fill out the Juvenile Transcript, release them to their parent and file the case. The state will do what they will do.
    Yep. Back door them bad boys. Israel isnt here anymore to threaten you if its done. Love to see the look on Gordon Weeks face when we get back to arresting these criminals like they should have always been. Think hell give Temporary a pass cuz hes black?

Unregistered

Civil Citation explained by "Sheriff" Scott Israel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uY5gBuCzz0

Unregistered
    Sheriff Tony supports the existing civil citation policy. Just like the rest of the Florida Sheriffs Association.

Unregistered
    Sheriff Tony supports the existing civil citation policy. Just like the rest of the Florida Sheriffs Association.
    I have no problem with the existence of a Civil Citation program, never hurts to have another tool in the tool box and not every child arrested is a criminal. I don't think the Police should be issuing them nor making the decision who gets one. The cases should be filed and the state should hand them out as they see fit. Furthermore it is absolutely ridiculous for any Police Chief or Sheriff to remove the discretion away from Police Officers or Deputies. It's not the program that's necessarily bad it's the implementation that is awful.

Unregistered
    I have no problem with the existence of a Civil Citation program, never hurts to have another tool in the tool box and not every child arrested is a criminal. I don't think the Police should be issuing them nor making the decision who gets one. The cases should be filed and the state should hand them out as they see fit. Furthermore it is absolutely ridiculous for any Police Chief or Sheriff to remove the discretion away from Police Officers or Deputies. It's not the program that's necessarily bad it's the implementation that is awful.
    The cases should be filed. The problem with "discretion" has to do with the integrity of the deputy. When you have deputies in small districts colluding with school principals and engaging in manipulative tactics to make things disappear, discretion is counterproductive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast