+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86
 
  1. #11
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs up Mixing apples and oranges together into one basket

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier McKnight View Post
    SARASOTA (WWSB) – Sheriff Thomas M. Knight announced that he will close the South County Sheriff’s Office in Venice because people can contact the agency through social media instead.
    Knight apparently thinks that apples (social media) and oranges (working cases and interviewing suspects) are one and the same thing. They are not the same thing. This is a bad dream. In fact, it's a knightmare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who has this guy ever gotten along with? No local agencies, feds, schools, and courts want anything to do with him. Seriously, this guy is not a likable person. If he wasn’t the sheriff nobody would give him the time of day.
    And the FBI denied Knight a federal security clearance, even though he is an elected sheriff. That says a lot right there.

  2. #12
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Knight told a bold faced lie when he formally announced to the media and the public that closing down the south county office will “put more boots on the ground.”

    • FACTOID: The authorized number of deputies in patrol is not increased.
      .
    • FACTOID: The authorized number of detectives is not increased.
      .
    • FACTOID: Knight’s lie is a media soundbite that sounds good, UNTIL IT IS SQUARED WITH THE TRUTH.

    The truth matters.

  3. #13
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The voters really need to speak up come 2020
    The voters are clueless and the employees don't make up enough voters. Too many of the lemmings just do what they are told by the consistent propaganda from the republican party.

    We all know how incompetent and vindictive knightmare and his evil side kick are but we only make up a very very small percentage of voters.

    In 2000 the PBA did not endorse knightmare because they were able to see through his BS.

  4. #14
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Knight told a bold faced lie when he formally announced to the media and the public that closing down the south county office will “put more boots on the ground.”

    • FACTOID: The authorized number of deputies in patrol is not increased.
      .
    • FACTOID: The authorized number of detectives is not increased.
      .
    • FACTOID: Knight’s lie is a media soundbite that sounds good, UNTIL IT IS SQUARED WITH THE TRUTH.

    The truth matters.
    Not to mention that the front desk deputies are not qualified to work the road so all he has done is used those salaries to fund other endeavors. Once the true word gets out then maybe someone will question him. Don't expect the commissioners to be too concerned because they get their campaign support and funding from the same pot of gold as knightmare does.

  5. #15
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Knight is accountable to no one. He knows he has the commission in his pocket. It’s a shame he keeps burning bridges. Imagine what he could do if he cared more about law enforcement than his political aspirations.

  6. #16
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Knight told a bold faced lie when he formally announced to the media and the public that closing down the south county office will “put more boots on the ground.”

    • FACTOID: The authorized number of deputies in patrol is not increased.
      .
    • FACTOID: The authorized number of detectives is not increased.
      .
    • FACTOID: Knight’s lie is a media soundbite that sounds good, UNTIL IT IS SQUARED WITH THE TRUTH.

    The truth matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to mention that the front desk deputies are not qualified to work the road so all he has done is used those salaries to fund other endeavors. Once the true word gets out then maybe someone will question him.
    I understand what you're saying, but that's a technical nuance that the public won't understand i.e. desk officers are not road certified. Anyway, Knight robbed Peter (south county) to pay Paul (north county). Knight eliminated those positions and is now spending their salaries on other things. Instead of being an increase in services to south county, there is actually a decrease in overall aggregate services countywide. I feel sorry for the next elected sheriff because Knight has left this agency in financial ruin and shambles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't expect the commissioners to be too concerned because they get their campaign support and funding from the same pot of gold as knightmare does.
    The local GOP (Gruters & Robinson) have a financial lock on the SSO. The next election is going to be interesting to see if that lock can be busted off of the SSO.

  7. #17
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Media View Post
    The bad publicity of Knight "closing shop" and reducing services in south county was the final straw that finally pushed the City of Venice to completely stop negotiating with the county over fire-paramedic services:

    http://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/02/27...rasota-county/

    Knight's actions are causing a ripple effect in south county.

  8. #18
    Unregistered
    Guest
    This is not gonna fly like the two helicopters. At one billion dollars. The amount of wasted manpower with Air 1 and 2 is great example of bloat (just one). We have patrol deputies who are unable to man their assigned zone "ever" because they are riding around in the sky or training with an out of date drone that a middle schooler can fly. For what? We never have floaters and we are constantly searching for deputies to fill empty zones and paying them OT. Why Sheriff Knight are you paying a deputy OT at a higher rate to fill a deputy's zone why he is either at nonsense training, at the hanger, or in air bla bla bla, or "staring at goats" at the gun range (see Men Who Stare at Goats).

    There are already full time deputies assigned to fly in that junk, let those full time guys worry about that crap. This is just a small and only one example of how screwed up this place is. There is no team effort ever anymore! We have lost the ability to work as a team. It is every man and woman for themselves out here. Everyone in patrol is trying to do one thing....Find a reason not to be there. Guess why? No really take a a guess.

    Stop allowing people in patrol to have uber amounts of training time in their other side jobs. It takes away from the real reason you even exist Sheriff Knight. You have effin destroyed this place sir.

    I want to have a vote of no confidence. This is a real and true question. Can we organize and vote to see if Sheriff Knight and his staff are capable anymore of operating this agency? Not as a union thing as a human being thing. Can someone from the outside organize a vote of confidence in a neutral location?

    Is there an outside man that is not scared of Knight who can help us organize a vote? S.O.S "flag upside down"

  9. #19
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Knight is unconcerned about what happens here. He is too busy playing politics to set himself if for his next position. He is at full pension, why would he care about the sso? He was never a deputy anyway.

  10. #20
    John Kost
    Guest

    Let me get this straight???

    Quote Originally Posted by Media View Post
    Sheriff Knight, you expect all the people south of Osprey to drive to Sarasota to see a front desk officer? I guess the option of airing all your criminal complaints on your Facebook page seems like a great idea. What the hell are you thinking. Actually, this sounds like a Paul Richard idea. Let's cut costs. So, every citizen Osprey, Nokomis, in Venice (not the city of Venice) but surrounding the city, people in South Venice, Englewood, Warm Mineral Springs and North Port are paying for all the services you are taking away. Really? You, a Venice boy, graduate of Venice High School, you believe that is this is a sound political decision. Again, I don't think you thought this out. Not that this is anything new. How can you justify to the citizens of South County that this is a sound law enforcement move? You can't. I am going to spread the word far and wide and I hope it pisses off everyone I speak with. I see where you are going with this, trust me, you are too predictable. You quietly remove services and over time you hope everyone will forget. Then, you go to the County Commission and plead poor mouth as you want to add a jail and command center in South County. I worked for 4 Sheriff's. Three of which built the law enforcement presence in South County according to growth. We had SRO's in schools down here. We had a detective bureau, front desk officers, patrol station with patrol officers. We had a south county jail and a multi-agency drug task force. Do you really believe that your detectives can be effective in solving crime down here when they don't even work down here? I know you don't care as your actions speak louder than words. How do you expect your detectives to develop sources in the community when they don't work in it. One word, Trust. These things are built on trust over time and in one fell swoop you destroyed what 3 previous sheriff's worked so hard to build. Explain to us how you ask for a budget increase every year, yet you are decreasing services. You say moving the front desk officers will give you more boots on the ground. Share with us that convoluted logic, please. I am sure Charlotte County Detectives, North Port Detectives and Venice Detectives will be more than happy to drive to Cattleman Road for a weekly briefing. Oh, that's right, you cancelled those too. You have effectively created an island for yourself and handcuffed your deputies abilities to work side by side with other agencies. Put that on your mission statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •