Misuse of emergency equipment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Misuse of emergency equipment

I've noticed several times where marked patrol cars are driving down the road or sitting at red lights and they have their light bars activated for no apparent reason and then deactivate them a few minutes later they're not leaving traffic stops they're not giving any type of traffic warning it appears they're just playing with them which appears to be an abuse of Emergency Equipment

Unregistered
    You’re right. You should call your local congressman and tell him about.

Unregistered
    I know it’s a crazy thought but sometimes after a traffic stop or having to activate our lights we forget to turn them back off for a few minutes. It’s true.... we are also human... can you believe that?!?!

Unregistered

Whoa

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've noticed several times where marked patrol cars are driving down the road or sitting at red lights and they have their light bars activated for no apparent reason and then deactivate them a few minutes later they're not leaving traffic stops they're not giving any type of traffic warning it appears they're just playing with them which appears to be an abuse of Emergency Equipment
    You sir are the plastic piece attached to the squirt bottle of feminine hygiene cleanser.

Unregistered
    And you came to what is essentially an anonymous law enforcement website expecting what exactly??

Moron.

Unregistered
    The Chargers have a brake light on the emergency light bar so it might be what they saw! Better yet, there are lil green car numbers on the bumper. Call it in if I feel there is a problem. *****ing online does no good!

Unregistered
    Yes they alway abuse them here, of course they may forget after a traffic stop... but after leading them back into traffic (protocall) you should know to turn them back off bunch of cowards out the academy

Unregistered
    Amazing what some people find to complain about. If you are concerned about lights flashing unnecessarily, I'd hate to see what the real things to be concerned in the criminal justice system would do to you.

Unregistered
    Easy answer. There are two. Idiot sheep like you would never understand. Only us peace keepers have to deal with garbage like this where all three sides are against us. The good, the bad, and our brass.

1. When we drive to an emergency, it is easy to cut through traffic quickly. Drivers are usually predictable and we can usually drive around traffic. Thats with NO emergency equipment on. Now, WITH equipment on, everybody becomes an idiot and do unpredictable things. They start swerving all over, cutting us off, and even slam on their brakes to a dead stop right in front of us. Its safer with lights and siren off. To sum up, because people are stupid.

2. Many Florida agencies refuse to let us use our emergency equipment to property crimes. Thats right. If someone is breaking into your car or house, we can not speed, rush, use lights, or siren. However, we do so anyway FOR YOU and can get in trouble for doing so. Thats right, to catch YOUR burglars. To avoid getting caught, we use our emergency equipment in those cases only when it really counts, at dead stopped intersections. After that, its safer for them to be off and to not get caught.

Me personally, I don't do it. Thankless people like you have caused me to not give one fukk and I can care less if your house or car gets broken into. In fact, I drive slower.

Is that good enough for you? THANKLESS PIECE OF SHITT!

Unregistered
    Easy answer. There are two. Idiot sheep like you would never understand. Only us peace keepers have to deal with garbage like this where all three sides are against us. The good, the bad, and our brass.

1. When we drive to an emergency, it is easy to cut through traffic quickly. Drivers are usually predictable and we can usually drive around traffic. Thats with NO emergency equipment on. Now, WITH equipment on, everybody becomes an idiot and do unpredictable things. They start swerving all over, cutting us off, and even slam on their brakes to a dead stop right in front of us. Its safer with lights and siren off. To sum up, because people are stupid.

2. Many Florida agencies refuse to let us use our emergency equipment to property crimes. Thats right. If someone is breaking into your car or house, we can not speed, rush, use lights, or siren. However, we do so anyway FOR YOU and can get in trouble for doing so. Thats right, to catch YOUR burglars. To avoid getting caught, we use our emergency equipment in those cases only when it really counts, at dead stopped intersections. After that, its safer for them to be off and to not get caught.

Me personally, I don't do it. Thankless people like you have caused me to not give one fukk and I can care less if your house or car gets broken into. In fact, I drive slower.

Is that good enough for you? THANKLESS PIECE OF SHITT!
    Good post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast